Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 12 July 2017
An absolutely fantastic read, I couldn't put the book down. The missing years catches up on the mothers story. I love Claudettes books. I look forward to reading more from her.
on 21 March 2009
If u have not read Sweet Home Jamaica vol 1 & 2 get them now,as u would have missed out on the foundation of this wonderful story written by Claudette.
Not only is it a gripping tale of Michelle's family life, it sends out a clear message of the importance of family to everyone no matter where ur from.Based mostly in Jamaica with references to the UK and USA.Claudette writes from the heart.
There is humour, sadness and happiness in this book and it will please anyone who is interested in a good read.For those who do not know alot about the tradition of Jamaica. This is a great insight into the many different types of foods, places and history of Jamaica.For those that already know it brings back happy memories.
I can't wait for Claudettes next creation.
on 1 March 2013
Excellent sequel to Sweet home, Jamaica. Enjoyed this page turner which answered all my residual questions. I loved that it was so light and easy to read and I could hardly put it down, even at bed time. My solitary niggle is that there were things that were explained again and again even though I'd already read them in the earlier book. This in retrospect however is completely excusable as it allows The missing years to be read as a stand alone should one not have the previous book. I have already started telling friends etc about it. Buy it, you won't regret it's true to life tale of Jamaica.😃
on 24 June 2014
I totally enjoyed reading from the beginning to end - beautifully written. Fantastic follow on from Sweet Home Jamaica. It would be great if a movie could be made from Home Sweet Jamaica and the Missing Years.
on 20 March 2014
This is interesting reading. The author knows her country. She gave reasons why she loves Jamaica, making others wanting to do the same despite their reservations about the difficulties one might face.
on 23 November 2014
The sequel was brill! At times repetitive and I wanted to get to the point and not have to go over what I had already read in the first book, but nevertheless a lovely magical read.
on 24 April 2014
Loved reading the sequel to Sweet Home, Jamaica, and was enthralled by the way which Beckford-Brady wove some pertinent historical facts in the storyline. A great read overall.
on 23 May 2013
Was looking forward to this but was let down due to the continual repeating and explaining of what happened in the previous book. I already knew because I read the book!
on 29 January 2016
I always enjoy Claudette's book. Although I am not from Jamaica, her books give me a reminder of my own Caribbean island. I love her use of words and dialect.
on 21 April 2013
This author is so good you feel like she is telling you your family's life story, I feel as if I am reliving my own visit to jamaica over and over again