on 22 November 2012
This is a fascinating look at a Near Death Experience which changed a man's life. Ritchie to all intents and purposes died, and then was resuscitated nine minutes later.

One of the most enjoyable things about this book is Ritchie's personal modesty with regards to his story. At no point did I feel I was being told what to believe about what had happened to him - he simply tells of his experiences with an engaging simplicity and openness.

I think the problem with NDEs and books about them is that they are taken to "prove" or to tell us something concrete about life after death. This book does not attempt to do that.

I was strongly reminded of C. S. Lewis's "The Great Divorce" by much of what Ritchie recollected. It was fascinating and sometimes horrifying to read.

I don't think Ritchie's story "proves" anything, but the story itself, and Ritchie's changed life afterwards, should give food for thought to anyone who is willing to come to the book with an open mind. Overall, interesting, and a book that has stayed with me over the months since I read it.
on 29 January 2017
different cultures all ages,i know you will get the odd crackpot,but not all these people,
can be telling even if only one person is right,this is young children,old people many all ages,
surely 1 even could be right,i believe this account of what this man told us in a book.
please dont scorn it read it and you,will change your mind about DEATH.
on 2 May 2017
Fabulous book! Read many books on NED's but this one is different. A very touching story with some very profound happenings that help give proof there is something after this world.
I held on to the thought there is good and bad in this world and in the next. It is our choice where we want to be!
on 10 December 2017
I've read many books and internet articles on the riveting subject of near death experiences, but this small book relates a life changing experience with disarming candour bereft of sentimantality, yet very affecting. The late Dr George Ritchie writes with fluency and feeling, not to mention economy, hitting the page with clarity, conviction and intergrity. I did me good to read it - I can't believe it wont do to similar things for you!
on 11 June 2017
An interesting read. I have read a few books of a similar nature and although most, if not all embrace a similar theme there are also a number of diverse accounts of the respective authors when writing about their experiences.

Therefore I would suggest that this book form one of a number of similar books to be read for a persons to decide just where the truth may lay.
on 2 August 2017
I approached this book with trepidation. What I experienced was a vision of what we can all work towards. Love is the key. As a Catholic, Pope Francis has taught me that and I know similar lessons crop up in different faiths and cultures. Love universally. Love your enemy. Love the world.
on 27 April 2015
We have all wondered what happens when we exit this earth,and if it could be possible that life could continue in some form.In this book, George Richie gives a very convincing account of what happened to him when he died for nine minutes.
Thank you George for having the strength to tell the world about your experience.
on 15 January 2015
When I read this it was just confirming what I already knew as the truth, I feel that love can conquer all, hate makes you loose yourself, and the good that's all around us. We need far more love and kindness in this world, as no matter what religion you are, and what you believe happens after we die, this is the world we live in and we are all caretakers.
on 6 November 2016
I couldn't stop reading, I was so engrossed, loved every word written. What an incredible experience x thank you x
on 2 August 2015
The write up about the book that you review before you buy it is absolutely correct. I couldn`t stop reading it and found it to be both fascinating and a bit scary, where he seemingly wakes up dead and tries to find his own body.