on 11 November 2013
This light weigh camera has the most amazing zoom ever. It takes incredible photos with little effort. It handles dull light and is the perfect camera for the person who wants to take good photos without being a trained photographer. Quite amazing!
on 3 January 2014
Although it seems there are no major changes between the models I was suprised to find some very important ones. The main feature is the increased resolution and swivelling monitor on the back. Very handy to use and adds extra protection to the screen .
Also editing features built in and change of button configuration which makes operation much more user friendly. Nikon has done it again for me!!
on 8 January 2014
I took the P520 on a 'baptism of fire' (or perhaps more accurately, an 'ordeal by water') outing on New Year's Day to test it out photographing seals at Donna Nook. It did take a little getting used to (but then don't all new pieces of kit?) and my efforts improved considerably when my technically-alert friend pointed out that the screen actually folded back on itself to make a flat back screen, which I am used to rather than protruding at 180 degrees to the camera, which I found somewhat difficult. The weather was truly vile, so photograhpic conditions were somewhat less than ideal. I tried the zoom at all lengths, leaving the setting in auto, since I wasn't in the mood to play with it. Having downloaded the images, given the fact that I was not at all confident with using the camera, the results were very promising (and improved noticeably during the hour that I spent there, despite increasing numbness in the fingers and cold-induced camera-shake!). I think it will do what I bought it for - photographing natural history - extremely well. My only real issues with it are that it charges direct from the camera, which I don't very bright, since the camera would be left in full view charging for a couple of hours when on holiday (so I purchased a separate charger) and it doesn't shoot in RAW. At 18mp this probably doesn't matter too much, though. I couldn't find the plastic loop that supposedly attaches the lens cap to the body, which was slightly irritating, given the ease with which I lose lens caps. But overall, I liked this camera very much, and shall look forward to using it in rather better conditions!
on 11 December 2013
I found that carrying around a DSLR with multiple zoom lenses meant that often I did not have the camera equipment I needed with me or that by the time I had it out of the bag and the right lens selected the shot was gone. What I needed was a camera capable of wide angle to telephoto and , importantly for me, geo tagged the photo.
The Nikon does this extremely well, and it is ready to use very quickly including the gps capability.
I had read reviews that led me to have concerns about the battery life but I have not found this to be a problem, even with the gps on all the time.
Of course the sensor is not full size but for my use ( pc screen, tv screen, prints up to A3) I can not see any difference.
Fully recommend to anyone who is looking to deal with similar situations.​
on 28 September 2013
Absolutely over the moon with this camera. I have used a D50 followed by a D90 with a selection of glassware from Nikon, Sigma and Tamron. All have produced stunning results which have flattered the skills of this photographer.
However, getting older now and reluctant to lug heavy cameras and lenses, I thought to try a bridge camera.
Couldn't be more pleased with this one. it does almost all one could wish for. The zoom range is incredible and the close focus function excellent. The only disadvantage has been the time lag between pressing the release and the operation of the shutter. This makes wildlife / sports work a matter of chance but for all else the camera has exceeded all my expectations.
on 22 April 2014
The price was very good and I found the camera very easy to use and it gives good quality photos. So far I have only used it at 8MB resolution which is sufficient for my current needs.

I purchased this type of camera, which is in effect an SLR with built-in zoom, as I was finding it more and more difficult to cope with lens changing on my standard SLR. I am very pleased with my purchase and the results I get from it.
on 4 January 2014
I BOUGHT MYSELF THE COOLPIX P510 IN 2012 AND WAS SO IMPRESSED BY IT THAT I BOUGHT THE COOLPIX P520 FOR MY SON FOR HIS CHRISTMAS PRESENT AND HE IS DELIGHTED WITH IT. I AM A 75YR OLD MALE AND HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS KIND OF CAMERA SINCE I WAS 14, THE PRICE IS RIGHT, AS THE CAMERAS WITH MULTI LENSES WERE TO EXPENSIVE AND TO HEAVY TO CARRY ABOUT ALL DAY WHILE LOOKING FOR WILDLIFE. WHETHER THE SUBJECT IS CLOSE OR FAR AWAY YOU CAN GET NICE CLEAR SHOTS, JUST WHAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ALL MY LIFE.
on 27 December 2014
Very happy with camera my only complaint is that no instruction manual in English which is rather ridiculous when all other languages are supplied except the actual one you need for the country you live and where you brought the camera. This is why I am only giving four stars
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Everything as specified by seller. The only thing that 'shook' me when receiving the package was the state of the original box it came in: it was looking much the worse for wear! The contents though were exactly as stated in the preview.
on 3 November 2016
has only just arrived ahead of time quoted. in v.g.condition as stated. all accessories present as described. looks v.g. value for price paid