Customer reviews

on 10 June 2016
A wonderful exposition of those who dodge the big questions about life. I don't care how successful or how dejected someone is, if they don't confront their own existential panic, it's hard to maintain respect.
on 31 December 2012
Sickness Unto Death by Soren Kierkegaard
I am a fan of Kierkegaard but all his books aren't in print just now. So I was grateful to discover I could buy the kindle version. I love his detailed analyses of different aspects of the human condition. The delivery experience was very smooth and efficient, and the print is clear and easy to read.
on 24 October 2014
A good thought provoking read. Written very much in the language of the time (1840's I believe) which makes it slightly more effort to get through, however a very rewarding read none the less, as long as you appreciate it for what it us. Probably best avoided if your daily reading is heat and metro.
on 26 August 2015
I recommend reading this. As with other Kierkegaard works, there is always passion behind the words, which I personally enjoy. However, its perhaps a bit too personally focussed and I'm not sure how applicable it is to different states of mind, ie possibly mood driven?
on 26 February 2012
This (Great Ideas) edition is described on the copyright page as a 'selection'? Just how much of an abridgement is it?
on 15 December 2016
I bought this after I read and fell in love with 'Fear and Trembling' and wanted to explore Kierkegaard's mind further. Its analogies are very heavy with Catholicism at times, but if you apply your own analogy/belief/thought to it it makes for a reflective study.
on 18 August 2013
Great book, nice writing, one of Kierkegaards classics
The delivery was on date and the condition of the book was perfect
If anyone is interested in existentialism, it's one of the must read.
on 28 March 2016
Happy with the book and service
on 13 February 2015