on 13 February 2013
Got this today, was waiting in my post box when i got back from work, firstly i dont think this album is as bad as some other reviews on here are saying, but neither do i think this is Bullets best work, I would say Scream,Aim,Fire is their best and as for fever well thats been banished to the depths of my CD collection, for me this album is average its not an album thats going to break them as an headlining Arena act, i much prefer when they play a bit more uptempo and do think the this album could have been much stronger if worked on longer and harder, i personally feel the band are trying to find their own identity and at the same time mature but it would seem they are finding it hard to do this and get the overall balace right so that that they can please fans old and new, my opinion of course, im sure many will disagree, so overall an improvement over Fever, but not the energy and songs of Scream, an Average album.
on 16 April 2013
Worst album by BFMV to date!!, I have been a fan since the begining and this is a fail, gone too commercialised and the lyrics are just repeated in every song....the riffs are amazing so only that is tolerable, gone from my favorite band to not so much; Tears Don't Fall Pt2 is terrible and in no relation to the 1st, why bother....I sound like i'm slating the band but maybe I am just too old school and want to have back the old riffs and heavier sound.
on 12 February 2013
Bullet for My Valentine (BFMV) are no doubt a talented bunch of lads from Wales who have so far, managed three album releases and are now releasing a fourth. Kudos.

Kudos because not many bands in the world seem to make it that far. Normally a dissapointing second album is followed by a forgettable third and they go the way of the dodo. Yet here are BFMV with Temper Temper and with it, some of the most diabolical, horrifying lyrics known to man, crossed with a 'Can't be bothered' singing attitude and some bland guitar work.

To say that Temper Temper is the worst album by BFMV is perhaps not being harsh enough. A complete lack of ideas, a rehashing of old work (Not in a reminiscent way but honestly, as if it sounds like the band ran out of things to play) and the worst lyrics known this side of the Atlantic.

Now I know Matt Tuck has never particularly been blessed with lyrical brilliance, nor has he ever particularly been a good singer. But the previous albums have always been good enough to illeviate this flaw in the band and almost mask it, by backing it up with fantastic playing. However you can't help but feel as if this time, the music also falls short. And nothing can hide the shocking, almost infant lyrics of the song Leech.

Its a shame that a band with such pedigree behind them could release something so poorly written. For a band who complained at being forced to rush an album with Scream Aim Fire, then to take time and release this mess of an album is funny if not tragic.

I've rated the album two stars instead of one, because I feel the album has just enough substance left to maybe warrant another if the band knuckle down and actually seem to give a damn. Perhaps it is listening to the new Bad Religion album True North which has influenced this album. Perhaps the fact that for a band on their 16th album and still as good as when they began has changed my perspective of what a band can achieve. Who knows.

All I know is, this is a below average album. I hope its one saving grace is that when performed live, they hold the same kick as some of their 'classics' from the past.
on 15 August 2015
Whilst I agree with some, that this is bullet's worst album, it's really not that bad. In fact, it's perfectly good. Some songs are a bit hit and miss, but the rest are good and introduce a technical ability, rhythmically, that bullet haven't shown until now. It deserves a 7.5/10 at the very least.
on 16 February 2017
Temper Temper time to write a review. I LOVED this vinyl !!! The sound quality was great, Each track had its own unique sound and I've spent hours listening to them. The album artwork is next level and fits the style of the music. I recommend this vinyl and this amazing band to everyone.
review image
on 28 May 2013
Another great album from BMFV

Eventhough I have read several reviews of this album being softer than before, I bought it without questioning it, because the core enjoyment of BFMV for me is the attitude, the crisp music and the great vocals mixed into great tracks.
on 12 June 2014
I love bullet for my valentine!!!!! I think they're awesome, with the 1st album being my favourite. However i didn't even get half way through temper temper before I turned it off! Will try again in the near future because I love the band.
on 12 April 2013
I find this album very easy to listen to. All songs very very good. Each track had it's own unique BFMV brilliance to it.
Another great album to my collection.
Don't hesitate getting this album.
Get it, you'll love it.
on 18 January 2016
Third time lucky with this album, must be good as "friends" borrow it and it never returns. I love this album but I'm a fan, enough said. If you're not a fan give it a go, highly recommended!
on 1 April 2014
This has a different sound to previous albums, but cant put my finger on it. Dont let this put you off though. Its still a damn good listen and wont disappoint fans one bit. Keep it up boys,