Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS)
Platform: Nintendo 3DS|Edition: Y Edition|Change

on 15 January 2016
On a more serious note though...

Pokémon games have really been lacking originality recently and I feel they've just went downhill for a while. I feel this game helps us reconnect back to the original 151 in some ways and is another turning point for them. Gameplay is as you would expect from any other Pokémon games and is fairly standard. The names of the Pokémon and the look of them just isn't as good as they use to be.

If Pokémon were to remake the original games for these newer platforms, it would interest me a lot more. Overall, this game is another superb Pokémon game and the fluidity of the game has improved massively.
on 28 September 2016
I brought his game for my boyfriend after him going on and on about how awesome it is and how badly he wanted to play it.
The sweet side of me came out and instead of selfishly buying makeup brushes and eyeshadow I decided to buy him this.

It came fast from amazon and was well packaged.

He loved it, i cant personally say much about the game play besides it looked pretty good on the screen.
on 27 December 2016
This was the first Pokèmon game i was REALLY exited, i started playing when B2 & W2 Came out and i've recently bought this game agian after getting a new 2DS & i'm very happy with this game, it lets you off leash early on so luckily it doesnt hold your hand till for ages... i've had alot of fun with this game anything from Hunting shinies, Customizing my character to just plain looking around, this game is worth the money and i reccomend it greatly.
on 11 February 2014
For someone who is a fan of Pokémon, even a bad Pokémon game becomes by default good. However, that is not the case with Pokémon Y.

I will just pinpoint the good points and the bad points about the game. The obvious selling points are all the Pokémon created so far will be available in 3D and there is a new pokémon type - Fairy. However, this game gives you so much more than it advertises:

Pros:
- When you start, besides the Kalos starter Pokémon, you are offered Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle and a Mega stone to see how it works!
- Grinding for gym challenges reduced a LOT.
- Easy to understand Effort Value training - for those interested in training their pokémon.
- Basically a nintendogs for Pokémon, with Pokémon Amie.
- Stay in touch with other pokéfans from all over the world with an easy to access to all of them! the PSS is amazing and you'll find yourself using O-powers all the time when online.
- 1 second saving time, it doesn't matter what you have done before, saving has never been faster.
- Changes to breeding Pokémon makes it easier to have your perfect Pokémon.
- More aftergame challenges, including the comeback of "Looker", the detective.

Cons:
- No Move tutors :( (except the normal ones, dragon, special pokémon and starters)
- In order to transfer Pokémon from previous generations you will need Pokébank. It is free for 30 days after activation, after which you will have to pay something like 5 dollars a year to transfer your pokémon. However, this service does give you a free Celebi (previously unnatainable outside of events) and 100 boxes with 30 spaces for Pokémon each. I consider this a con because of payment, but I suppose they have to keep the servers online!

If you enjoy pokémon, you will love this game. If you're new to it, as long as you keep yourself connected to the community and enjoy putting your cute little pets against your enemies, Pokémon is the game for you!
on 3 November 2013
The best part of this review is that I don't even have to make it long. The game is amazing and deserves a clear 5 stars with the only bad thing I could point a finger at was the absence of online multibattles, meaning 2/3 players each play on the same team with 3/2 pokémon each vs 2/3 other players under the same conditions. This can be done only vs npcs while you are PHYSICALLY within a few centimetres of each other.

Now, for the game.

The graphics are amazing in this new Pokémon game from Game Freak. Essentially, Pokémon X and Y takes pretty much everything from the previous generations and enhance it as close to perfection as it gets. The story is, as is the custom in these games, a story that lets you experience everything from starting out as a rookie, filling your pokédex, making friends and going on a journey, to becoming the pokémon champion, both offline, and online in rated battles. With a wide roster of obtainable pokémon from generations 1 through 6, and countless ways to spend time on the game after beating it, this game is one of the big guys: A system seller. If you play through it as it is meant to be, you might be slightly overleveled with the new EXP Share, but don't worry, you can turn it on and off at will.

Personally I have played through Pokémon Y twice and Pokémon X once now, and on my current Pokémon Y playthrough I sit on 304 hours. And believe me, I am far from done even making a competitive team, getting all TMs and different pieces of clothing, and I still miss a few mega stones for the all-new mega evolution introduced in gen 6. The game is huge, and while the story can be finished within a few days if you play a lot (My first Hall of Fame registered at 29 hours played, though as a seasoned Pokémon player that ran through the story instead of exploring too much), it'll keep you hooked for days, weeks and months.

All I can say is: Buy it. You'll miss out on a lot otherwise.
on 20 January 2014
Pokemon Y really does change a lot about how Pokemon fundamentally works. The world and battles are now completely 3D allowing for more realism and depth. You earn XP for catching monsters and you can randomly fight a herd of five enemies at one time.

The Pokemon themselves look great in 3D and great care has been taken to make the different moves look awesome and detailed from multiple angles. There are many online features such as battle and trading along with local multiplayer features. Overall a fantastic take on the franchise and a great example of what the 3DS was made for.
on 21 December 2013
This might sound weird but I gave it a 5 star because well, it was for partner but I wanted to have a go of it. He loves it a lot but I just couldn't get used to the dramatic change. I'm used it being unoriginal and I really don't like all this girly crap at the beginning and I'm female. That's just my opinion though. I would give the item 3 stars if I had bought it for myself as postage and packaging would bump it up by 2 stars.

All in all, my partner highly recommends this item and I recommend this seller. Item arrived on time and was very well packaged.
on 28 February 2016
5 Stars because as a Pokemon lover it is a great game with some new features that make it better than the previous ones, plus my wife loves it and spend a lot of time having fun with it. We all truly Pokemon lovers get really excited when a new game is going to be released even though we now it the same kind of thing overtime... but we are like that!
on 4 January 2015
After all these years the franchise is still going strong. A really good game all round.

Only negatives were that due to the fact a Pokemon game comes out every year now, the post game was almost non-existent which is a shame as Black & White 2 gave us the best post game out of every generation.

Also I didn't think much to many Gen 6 pokemon, ended up using poke's which I knew were reliable (& frankly looked cooler) I'll take my Gengar & Heracross any day over a set of keys & dragon bat thing.
on 29 January 2015
An excellent game, with some great concepts and features. Has the same style of story line as the other games, however, there are a lot more characters and plenty of interesting things to do, plus some incredible new moves. This game also introduced the fairy type and some cool new pokemon, which is a bonus.