Customer reviews

on 22 January 2015
It's a really fun game and it's cool to have the new pokemon in it. But, it's nothing like the others. Meaning, you can choose who you want to be. That's great, but the suspense of finding out who you were going to be, on the old games was another perk of the game. Also, the talking is crazy. So much talking, if you're in a rush and you've just defeated a boss, then you'll have a long wait. No quicksave either.
I'd say try it, but perhaps play the demo first before you buy the real deal.
on 22 April 2014
I bought this game mainly to add to my Pokemon game collection as I no longer have the time to put into mastering them all. Whilst I did play the game for a bit, I felt it was easier to level up and achieve objectives than in previous mystery dungeons games, and that the game was far less tactical than it used to be. If it wasn't Pokemon, I'd probably be giving a 3* review, but overall it seems ok.
on 22 September 2015
I ordered this game as I had played previous versions before, one thing I have to say is that it is a lot more childish than previous versions so if you're an older fan such as myself you might find it a little off-putting. Not to say that it isn't a great game, but when the characters repeat the same thing over and over it may be a bit annoying.
on 23 October 2013
As I have played all other Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games I wanted to get this one to. Some things are better and some things are worse like in any game. Just to be clear I haven't fully finished the game. I'm about 24 hours in.

Pros:
+ Graphics - Have been improved to 3D which is a massive improvement from before which was 2D (not that 2D is bad).The game looks really pretty and colourful and the pokemon in the game all look really cool :D

+ Magnagates - Are a new thing that lets you scan things with your 3DS Camera to open a dungeon. Sometimes its hard to find something that will work but it's still fun for younger people. The dungeons are just random though so you could scan 2 things and come up with the same result.

Cons:
- Story - Is a bit boring and there's sooo much talking -.- It just really gets on your nerves when all you wanna do it defeat some pokemon. The story is about this thing called the Bittercold which is going to destroy the world and all because some pokemon don't like it. Its up to you to destroy the Bittercold.

- Hunger - Has been removed... WHY? It made the game harder. Yes the game can get challenging but only towards the end. Hunger just gave the game another thing for you to worry about when in a really long dungeon. when you were going to die from hunger and you finally found that apple it just gave you that sigh of relief which you can't get from this game.

- Dungeon Length - Has been shortened from where I am I haven't found a 30 floor dungeon and I know I have nearly finished it cause I am near the Bittercold. There might be bigger floors after the story but on the other games the dungeon lengths were alot bigger because there were even 99 floors in some and 40 floors in story dungeons. I just think it makes the game feel alot shorter. The game might be for kids but there are alot of older fans of Pokemon and the game shouldn't be dumbed down.

- Starting Pokemon - Used to be chosen by you having to ask questions which made it fun to see what you got at the end. But now you just choose what pokemon you want which isn't as fun.

The game isn't a massive disappointment but I just don't get why they had to make it easier. if they just left it and made the graphics better it would be such a better game. I give the game a 6.5 out of 10
on 20 August 2014
This game is very enjoyable and the story, though a bit weird definitely is interesting however the only reason I cannot give this 5 stars is that it lacks a post game. When you beat the game it gives you one last dungeon to explore as part of the story and does not have anything after that other than the request missions.
on 20 May 2013
I've waited a long time for the next Mystery Dungeon game and I'm not disappointed! The graphics are colourful and cheerful, and the characters are cute and lovable. The playstyle is just like the other Mystery Dungeon games. I only wish there were more starter pokemon to choose from, and they should have kept the starter questionnaire from the other games (the one that matches a pokemon to your personality). There are extra dungeons as DLC.
on 11 July 2014
Loved it! I actually cried around the end of the game, very captivating for a game. I bought it for my little brother (who lives in another country), and he's actually pretty sad that he can't play it right now. Just... loved it. One of the best Mystery Dungeon games I've played.
on 10 July 2013
Bought this for my 10 year old son - at his request. He is an avid gamer & really enjoys this game, although he is a little frustrated that he hasn't completed it yet (even though he's only had it a month).
My son recommends it to other Pokemon gamers of about the same age.
on 13 October 2015
Very happy with condition of product works great. Didn't realise when said cartridge only meant wouldn't be in case, thought just without instruction booklet, meant couldn't really gift wrap so son had early birthday present. Very quick.
on 17 June 2013
The game was effective both in gameplay and story telling. Although short, it delivers what one would expect from a mystery dungeon game (emitional etc.).

See one answered question