Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 December 2013
I bought this CD for my grandparents as a present and have copied it to my PC for myself too.
Classic!
on 22 October 2014
I bought this for my Daughter as, like me, she loves 50s music. She really loves the CD and I will be buying another one for myself so that I don't keep borrowing it. It has 3 CDs in total which makes it a very good purchase. If you like Etta James, you will love this!
on 3 December 2014
I had forgotten what a brilliant voice Etta had. Thankfully for an advertisement on television for one of the banks rekindled my interest as the music was Rockin' Daddy sung by Etta James. This is a superb compilation of her songs. Highly recommended
on 4 July 2013
Sadly, Etta passed me by in my youth so my introduction to her is somewhat late in life. However, it's never too late! This album is great and covers the decades when she was probably at her very best. Highly recommended!
on 21 October 2013
Anyone who enjoys 40/50s music will be delighted with Etta James voice and music. What a tragic life but what brilliant music she has left for us to enjoy. Hope you will feel the same. Yours faithfully Elsie Smith
on 11 November 2013
what a great Anthology of Etta James this is,It will go with my collection of blues cds of dusty springfield,aretha franklin and timi yuro who is seldom heard these days but is still one of the greatest.
on 16 July 2013
There are so many excellent tracks here ,apart from the obvious like At Last, and I Just Wanna Make Love To You , this 3 disc set is crammed with quality stuff including loads of well produced ballads and bluesy numbers. everything here is 50 plus years old and the freshness is unbelievable . Etta's beautiful powerful yet gentle voice blows away many of today's wannabes . I'm so glad I bought this bargain set . I heartily recommend The Wallflower (Dance With Me Henry) Good Rockin' Daddy, Again and W.O.M.A.N and trust me... there's lots more where they came from ... QUALITY.
on 8 November 2015
I already had a number of these tracks on other c.ds but to even get one more Etta James track has to be good. How many other singers are as versatile as her? Probably none.
on 18 November 2013
So many great great songs!
This album is packed with a variety of songs, that I enjoy listening to again and again!
Really worth the money :)
on 1 January 2015
70 tracks, 50 great ones. Recording quality a bit variable but you might expect this over such a big span of time when these songs were made.