on 11 April 2013
These headphones require a little more fiddling than most in order to find the best fit for your ears, but once you get it the sound quality is brilliant. You need to find the best size earbuds of the three provided, and you need to alter the angle a little to get an airtight fit in your ear in order to get he best sound.

As for sound, guitars and vocals come through as clear as they would in person and actually have a live kind of sound to them. The bass isn't the strongest though so if you want a little more thump you'll have to equalise your musician order to get it, but in my experience the bass booster eq in the iPhone, ipad and iPod does a great job to giving you more bass without sacrificing the quality of the rest of the song.

Overall these headphones are well worth the price, they are high quality in both build and sound production and are perfect for acoustic music out of the box, and can accommodate heavier music well with a little equalising. I would recommend these without hesitation.
on 26 November 2013
Before I purchased these I read a few negative reviews on the sound but thought I'd give them a go. The reviews were correct! They look & feel great but they are far to heavy on the Treble, almost unlistenable on certain tracks. I have a large collection of music and have tried them on a variety of different genres (and all at high quality) The bass is good and mids are ok but the treble is far too bright. I tried every setting on the iPhone equaliser as well, the best result been bass booster but even then they are too tinny.

It's a shame as the build quality is exceptional & they look very nice.
on 13 August 2013
Having decided to treat myself to some quality in-earphones, did a great deal of research into the options available at around the £100 mark and ultimately went for these Atomic Floyd PowerJax and have to say I am absolutely delighted with them. The sound quality across all sorts of music genres is like nothing I have heard before and the build quality is excellent. I agree with the other posted comment, getting the fit right is a bit of a challenge at first, but once you're there, you're there and you know it!! The online remote control is a bit awkward to be honest, but its a very minor niggle against the overall performance and quality of these earphones.

I know there are more expensive options available, but I find it hard to believe they can be that much better than these. If you've got the budget and are looking for some high quality earphones, then I would strongly recommend these....
on 5 February 2014
First the bad news - my wife bought me these as a Christmas gift and the right ear stopped working after just a week. Amazon were amazing though, replacing them within days.
I guess I got unlucky because they look and feel amazing, the Kevlar cable ending cable tangle forever. The earphones really are top quality in looks and build with a decent length cable and an effective remote.
Now the sound - I have tried share, klipsch, bose, sennheiser, Philips, Sony and nocs. These sound superb and the earphones are such a good fit they block out external noise. These are really great quality earphones better than every other brand I have owned except the bose (best ever in my book). If you want comfortable, great looking, great sounding earphones and worry about bose reliability then I cannot recommend these enough. I'll be using atomic Floyd's from now on.
on 25 December 2013
Personally I love these headphones, they have a real premium quality to everything from the box, headphones, pocket, alternate sized ear buds and instruction manual.

Now onto the sound, it goes very loud, the quality is perfect in my opinion as well as bass. I would say they are heavier than normal ear bud headphones since they are made of metal, but I would not say they are heavy or uncomfortable by any stretch, and with 4 sizes of ear buds, they all fit very snug inside your ears without worry of them falling out :)

I highly recommend, awesome sound and fit, as well as a real premium quality to the build as described above. Pricing is also very good, I looked into lots of other headphones all ranging from around the same price and almost everywhere I looked, these came out on top.

10/10
on 7 April 2015
Pros:
Sound quality was good. have had better but in this price range have also had worse. Remote/mic a good size and good for easy use while jogging. cord untangles easily due to the material.

Cons:
bought in Oct 2014 and right earphone has just gone (April 2015). Due to the tangle-free material the main cord is made from, the cord continually reverts to the circular form it came packaged as.

for £99 you'd like something that last longer than a few months. Will try pursue warranty though.
on 22 October 2014
Seriously AMAZING .... if you love music then you will love these, the only down side was they're a little tinny, however once I changed my iPod to bass boost I was blown away with the range!!!!!

All I would say is if you're planning to get a pair, then make sure you bed them in and what I mean by that is leave them plugged in to your iPod and let them play at a medium to low volume for 24 hours minimum this will hopefully allowing you to then get the best from them when you crank the volume
on 7 January 2016
Do not buy Atomic Floyd!! I am waiting for my 3rd yes third pair of super darts on warranty. I have now been waiting 62 days to have them replaced under warranty.

Their Support is absolute rubbish & keep replying 'we have a back log WTF!!!!'
But I can buy a pair from their website & have them delivered in 48hrs
on 15 May 2015
1st day I received them I got all set up, walk out for a walk and the remote didn't work. Real angry head on. Ordered replacement and if they dont work will be requesting full refund & more. The replacement set work but the jack doesn't fit correctly in iPhone and keeps falling out. Absolute waste of money.
on 30 October 2013
Super sound. I can hear bass and new notes not heard before using speakers. I also like the fitting approach, as they do not fall out as compared to iPhone supplied headphones.

See one answered question