TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 October 2015
Oh how did I ever live without this I don't know, if you are a gamer then you have to get this do yourself a massive favour, this device relieves all stress on your wrist forearm and top of your hand that are caused by excessive gaming so if you've ever experienced any of those if highly recommend to get this
on 23 February 2014
I'm a TV PC player (i.e. Play from a sofa with a TV normal distance) so I often find it hard to have a keyboard on my lap.

I just use a normal foam laptop rest with a larger wooden surface on top of that. Therefore, ideally I need to utilise as much space as possible.

I originally had a logitech G13 and I really enjoyed using it. The LED screen was nice, but not very functional. Logitech fail to keep it up to date.

I'm not that astute when it comes to the differences between keyboards and mechanical keyboards so I simply go by how it feels.

Upon upgrading to this I found it to be incredibly responsive and your the palm rest is very good. The keys are solid and work very well. Yes, there's no LED display but to be honest, I never looked at it anyway!

All in all, it has some great customisation on the Synergy software and I think it's a great piece of kit.

Would definitely recommend.
on 28 April 2013
Amazing! If you use a game-pad or are thinking of getting one, the Orbweaver is at the apex, and the price reflects that fact.

Pros:
Rubberised MX Cherry Blue Mechanical keys - Feel amazing with light response and great tactile feel.
Adjustable design: Fits most - if not all - hand sizes.
Full Macro capability on every key/button.
Multi-Profile if required.

Cons:
You pay a premium price for gear of this level of quality.
Not as weighty as, say, the Logitech G13, and does suffer slight movement with heavy use on some surfaces.
Thumb Unit has a slight wobble when fully extended. Doesn't effect use though.
Cable quality could be better.
on 26 May 2015
Cannot be used without installing massive 500gb Synapse software which MUST communicate with Razer to be enabled and which, if you read the user agreement, allows razer to use in anyway it likes anything sent to it via Synapse. Won't work with xp64 either.
Lovely mechanical keys let down buy bloated spyware. Lacks scroll wheel.
on 11 April 2015
I considered buying this device for a long time before finally purchasing and waited even longer before posting a review.

I have a gaming laptop hooked up to a monitor. There is a limited amount of space on the desk I am using and I really wanted a smaller gaming specific keypad that would still give me access to all the keys I needed rather than a full sized external keyboard or other solution. This device does exactly that - it is extremely well constructed, very customization and feels extremely comfortable to use once you spend a few minutes setting it up.

When you first start playing a game you will find it takes longer to setup the key bindings and get used to them than normal (though you can share configurations across multiple games if they have similar controls). Once you do get used to them however key presses do feel more natural and I feel my accuracy and enjoyment has increased in a number of games.

This is a very niche product but to be honest if you are even looking at this you already know that. I'd recommending trying before buying if possible but for me it's been worth every penny and would be hard to give up now.
on 10 February 2015
Excellent Piece of kit, does what it says on the tin. However like a lot of other people have found, whatever glue Razer use to hold the rubber pads on, ends up as one big gooey sticky mess all over your hands/desk where it just melts. Mine took about a year to do this and surprise surprise it done it when it's out of warranty.

Razer seriously need to sort this glue out or use the palmrest from the Nostromo/Tartarus which is what I'm looking into, there is a video on youtube from someone who did this, but I'm seeing if it can be done without "butchering" the thing.

On the whole I was pleased with it, but I wasn't expecting a glue factory as it just keeps oozing out unless you get rid of it.
on 15 November 2013
I have used the original Belkin Nostro 'Speedpad' right through to N52TE and this wonderful piece of kit surpasses my expectations.
it has a beautifully soft action on key depressions - the N52TE was quite 'clacky' and after a long WoW session my finger tips would ache a little whereas this little beauty can be used all day and all fingers are happy :)

the control over its length and width is really great and my large paw appreciates not being cramped up to reach certain keys.

I couldn't be happier with the Orbweaver and would recommend it to everyone.
on 16 May 2013
I upgraded from a Razer Nostromo, and had to write a review. This is sublime. I play a lot of FPS, and the responsiveness of the mechanical keys is excellent. I am just moving around a lot more smoothly and effectively. My stats on BF3 have gone up considerably, just by being able to get out of the way faster!
The other functions, like the dpad set up and space button are great and make finding controls quickly very easy. Highly recommended.

Get one, unless you're on the opposite team on the Battlefield ;)
on 3 February 2015
Purchased this when Razer had their sale.
If you have small hands like I do, it doesn't feel as comfy as a keyboard and takes some getting used to.
I used to own a razer nostromo but sent it back due to issues with the device and the lack of top keys, this sorts those issues out by having a "WASD" on the 2nd and first rows instead of the top.

Keys are a bit clicky and loud but I kinda like that in a keyboard/pad.
Prob wouldn't pay £100~ that it usually is on here, but was well worth the £50 I paid.
Looks nice, feels pretty solid and can be adjusted in 3 different places to fit a smaller or larger hand (like i said earlier, smaller hand still isn't that comfy and some keys can be a bit of a stretch).
on 20 April 2015
Non-braided cable version. The keys don't feel that nice to play with, should have gone with MX reds. I bought it because I have a messed up hand and I couldn't effectively use a keyboard while gaming. But to be honest I've not used it a lot since purchasing it, It doesn't make me play better or more comfortably and binding keys for each game is a nightmare (made slightly easier with the software you can get from razor).

It is quite comfortable to use for long term play sessions and I can't see anyone having a problem with it unless they have very small or giant hands.

All in all, i would not recommend it if you are looking for a replacement to a keyboard, it really doesn't provide much benefit.