Customer reviews

on 18 April 2013
I really enjoyed this book. It started off describing the authors childhood and how she had always wanted to have a baby. It continued to describe how she got together with her boyfriend and their life just before they decided to have a baby. This was all quite brief and an enjoyable and interesting lead up to the main part of the book which described her pregnancy (with its ups and downs!) and then in the most detail of the book - the birth itself. This was a normal birth that took place in an English hospital. It was described with drama and I couldn't take my eyes off the page! I've had kids myself and would say the experiences M.D. Bowden described were quite similar to my own and brought back alot of memories. Right at the end there are a series of pictures showing the author before she was pregnant, at different stages of her pregnancy and with her newborn baby. It's quite a short story - I wanted it to be longer! But the length is reflected in the price, and it was worth every penny.
on 11 February 2013
I found this book really interesting as I like insights into the lives of others, especially experiences of childbirth. I've had two children myself, and my experiences were both very different, but there were elements that resonated throughout. Some bits were quite funny, especially when the author found out she was pregnant!

I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone who's pregnant or thinking of having a baby if they're interested in knowing about individual experiences of what pregnancy and birth can be like.
on 29 March 2013
I've been meaning to read this for ages as I love THE TWO VAMPIRES series by M.D.BOWDEN, and I finally got round to it! It was fantastic, really interesting. Not my usual type of read, but it was worth exploring something different.