on 28 April 2017
I am writing a review after 4 years and I can say my son is doing exactly what this book said he would do. Teenage years interesting so!
7 people found this helpful
on 5 May 2018
Anyone with sons should read this book. It will give you the best insight into how they tick and what you can do to help them become rounded, caring, powerful men, comfortable in their own skin. I read the book first when it was first published and have since given it to several friends with male children who I think will appreciate it for its calm wisdom and reassuring voice. If you want practical advice and guidance on how to bring up your boys, this is the book.
2 people found this helpful
on 20 February 2018
It’s great to understand why my boy is so different to my girls and how to help him to grow up to be the best man he can be.

Excellent book. Highly recommended for any parent of a boy.
3 people found this helpful
on 10 March 2018
a must read for any one that has sons but also for anyone that has contact with boys or men........so everyone really. very insightful and easy to read.
on 15 January 2017
very instructive
3 people found this helpful
on 8 July 2017
Really interesting insight into boys' development. Definitely something I would refer to again for tips as my little boy grows older.
on 31 December 2017
Very good audio book. Very informative and an excellent guide
on 8 May 2014
Not keen. It states the obvious - that boys are charging around and more likely to injure themselves than girls, and then basically repeats this throughout! Also, does generalise quite a lot. Wasn't very impressed. A few useful insights for the teenage years, but basically this book could have been covered in a couple of pages. Was expecting a lot more - disappointing.
on 19 February 2013
I was recommended this book by someone at my son's nursery. Having read 3/4 of the book I think it's fantastic, after all, women are from Venus, men (and boys!) are from Mars! They are a different breed! They grow differently, develop different, have different hormones and at different times. Now I understand these differences a little more, I feel better equipped to deal with them and help my boys grow into fantastic men. I think it would also be a great book for a man who's own father wasn't quite up to scratch.

It explains why boys behaviour changes at certain ages and how best to to deal with it. My boy's (2 and 3.5 yo) behaviour has improved massively just because I have changed how I deal with them.
on 11 January 2015
As a separated mum of four young boys I needed some insight into all areas of their development and emotions etc. I've read Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus which is great for older men and relationships but Raising Boys is exactly what I need right now. Highly recommend this book for anyone with a son.
Came in perfect condition- like brand new. Great service and fast delivery. Thanks!