Format: DVD|Change

on 25 June 2014
Reality TV shows are something we all think we're aloof from and we may ridicule them if asked, but we all secretly watch some , don't we? OK , so it's just me then. But coming from a background in the garage trade and loving Rods and Customs as I do this one was tempting. Of course i have watched 'American Hot Rod' and it's tales of - supposedly - everyday life at Boyd Coddington's Shop, so I was ready for some of the producers tricks at trying to squash a 40 plus hour week into a 45 minute soap opera, and some of the irritations that breeds.
But this show, although following some of the same trends, (small scale bickering and issues over emphasized, the stupidly short deadlines etc ) was a nice surprise. Mainly because the people involved are quite likeable. Richard is, in some ways, a typical salesman in that money comes first and he has enough gift-of-the-gab and charm to get away with murder at times, but at other times he will buy - and lose money on - a car just because he likes it. This make him closer to human than most car salesmen I've known.
Aaron obviously knows his stuff and works like a dog to get the best quality results he can - if he can get Richard to finance it!
It's great to hear them talk to camera explaining what they are doing and why. Both of these guys know more about American classic cars than I ever will, so it's a great education.
It's a very enjoyable series and I think I'll probably be ordering series 2 soon.....
on 18 February 2016
If you are a self confessed petrol head who loves shows like sin city motors, american hot rod or counting cars then add this to your collection now. These guys are great and this show has a very 'real' feel to it. Sometimes you get the feeling on these type of shows that the mechanics of the car comes second to the look of it, its like as long as they can wheel it out of the garage on time who cares if it is still running in 6 months because its been so bodged together, that's not the case here, these guys really care about the vehicles they turn out and they are constantly making alterations to the design and mechanics so that it will continue to run and look good for years to come. I like that they also show them doing some of the smaller jobs such as custom making smaller parts and bending pipes and explaining why they are doing it.
I bought this for my husband for xmas on the strength of the reviews here and the fact that it appeared to be very much like sin city motors which my husband was already a massive fan of and it has many similarities. We put it on boxing day and nearly watched the whole box set in one go (brownie points for me for a good pressie choice!) Husband is now the proud owner of series 2 and has just received a gas monkeys t-shirt for a valentines present! So be prepared once you start with this series you will be all in! As the daughter and wife of petrol heads who has only a passing interest in the scene I can also say I love this series and find it entertaining and interesting. We're now both dreaming of the day we can own a gas monkeys original!!
Welcome to the Gas Monkey Garage in Dallas, Texas. Owner Richard Rawlings and his number 1 employee - mechanical genius Aaron Kaufmann star in this surprisingly entertaining reality TV show.

Rawlings is the showman and business brains of the outfit, whist Kaufmann is at the heart of the mechanical alchemy being performed on old and battered cars. Rust into gold as they say in the series. Or "Blood, Sweat and Beers".

Watch out for the 1951 Bruco Fire Truck and a 1955 Caddy Coupe de Ville nicknamed "Dolly".
on 5 November 2013
Love this show and been waiting for the dvd to come out but its way too expensive on here take my advice check out your local THE WORKS store because this entire 3 disc series boxset is only £5.99 in THE WORKS!!!
on 5 September 2013
This is an American muscle car enthusiasts dream come true. A fantastic insight into a REAL garage that restores incredible cars back to beautiful and desirable states. This isn't 'Pimp my Ride' folks, there are no 70" plasma TV's with play stations or suede covered refrigerators going into these projects, just the business mind of Richadrd Rawlings and the mechanical mastermind that is Aaron Kaufman going to work in some seriously rusty old classics and resurrecting them even beyond their former glory with respectable and appropriate repairs and upgrades.

As a petrol head, I love this, but so does my other half. She admittedly knows (or even cares) very little about cars but never fails to get caught up in the scenarios and related dramas that present themselves in each episode. The cast play a great part in creating this addictive allure. This is quality TV without a doubt.

The only caution I would offer regarding the purchase of this series is that shortly after watching you will probably be hit by a strong urge to fly to Texas and order a car from the Gas Monkey Garage... It could get costly!
on 15 August 2014
At first I was disappointed with it because I thought it was a car restoration show, and they don't restore cars, necessarily. Once I realised it was a buy /improve /sell- for -profit show, I was fine with it. I like it enough to buy the second season.
on 25 June 2013
1st season of Discovery channels Fast n Loud from 2012.
Not sure if this was aired in the UK hence the reason for purchase - and not having to sit through the adverts!
Very good price for an entire season, the only downside is the swear words are still bleeped out (which some may say is a good thing because there are quite a few)
Season 2 is currently showing on the telly but I hope they bring it out as a set too as I will definately be buying that
on 19 September 2013
Yes if you like fast old American muscle car's then this is for you. Richard Rollens just loves to show you that anything can be done with these cars.
on 21 October 2013
I love this series and have only seen later ones on the TV. The DVD did not disappoint in any way!
on 28 July 2013