Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 13 December 2013
This arrived this morning and hasn't stopped playing since! Wonderful music, lovely silky voice and varied songs. First heard her on Channel 4's Sunday Brunch Playlist and thought Wow! got to have. Very relaxing to listen to, we want more of this please!! Buy it you won't be disappointed !
on 29 June 2017
Great C.D. Great Seller, No Problems will but more later
on 4 September 2013
Good album, some beautiful and lovely songs on this album. Emilia has a beautiful voice that is Lovely to listen To. Would buy again.
on 9 April 2013
I bought this album the day after I saw her perform at the Royal Albert Hall as part of the Alfie Boe tour - and I CANNOT stop listening to it! It's something new and fresh, but with a beautifully vintage sound. If you're unsure of the sound, listen to it on Spotify - you won't be disappointed! I'm in love!
on 14 February 2013
I absolutely love this album! I bought it after hearing 'So Wonderful' on Radio 2 and then 'You're Not Right For Me' - which is now my favourite song of all time. It is part jazz, part country, part blues, part pop and her voice is totally unique. It does remind you of Dolly Parton in the early years at times but also Doris Day, Crystal Gayle, Billie Holiday and others. Such a wonderful listen - highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 27 September 2013
Thank the lord for TV adverts - without the ISME ad I would have missed out on Emilia.
Most new CD's, even from established artists, only have a few really good tracks and the rest are fillers. Not with this CD - 14 tracks and everyone a gem. Superb orchestrations - with most tracks allowing great instrumental solos.
Yes she sounds a bit like Norah Jones, Billie Holiday etc - but she is also her own woman!!
The new material is great - intelligent lyrics and fine melodies. The "standards" she interprets superbly. Most artists, like Michael Buble for instance, do not bring anything fresh to the "old tune" - but simply copy the original. Not on this CD - every standard is a fresh interpretation.
The best new CD of 2013!!!! Can't stop playing it!!!
on 6 April 2013
Beautiful melodic easy listening.
We love Madeline Peyroux and Nora Jones, so if you like them, you will like this
on 27 April 2013
Wonderful voice and clarity. If you want to sit back and enjoy then this lady will tick the box. Smashing.
on 12 February 2013
The change to a more jazzy style is a succes in my opinion ! Emilia has a beautiful voice and it comes to its right on this cd.Hopefully she follow up the jazzy style on her comming cd's
on 7 May 2013
I first heard of Ms Mitiku thanks to a number of the tracks on this album being played on BBC Radio 2; however, it is quite a surprise to see it categorised as Jazz, although I guess that is because I have a stereotyped impression of the genre. This is sufficiently middle of the road that most listeners will enjoy it.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this album as it is a stunning collection of songs, the majority of them written by Emilia in collaboration with Anders Hansson and Sharon Vaughn; and truly showcases her wonderful singing voice.

The songs generally revolve around affairs of the heart, in both positive and negative ways; perhaps subsequent offerings may offer more in the way of variety of topic than love lost and found.

My favourite would be one of the songs that I first heard on the radio, "You're Not Right For Me", but there is not much to choose between a number of these such as title track "I Belong To You", "Lost Inside" and "So Wonderful".

Emilia, you are right for me; and I expect for many others.