on 30 October 2013
The price of this infra red remote control compared to the official unit seems a give-away It works just fine with my D3200 and I use it most of the time when my camera is on its tripod. What can you say, works well, cheap as chips and seems reliable, its a no brainer..
on 14 September 2014
This works with the D3200 and makes life a little easier than having to press (disturb) the camera while sitting on a tripod each time. Remember to switch the camera to one of the remote triggering modes within the settings when you wish to use the remote.
The remote uses a CR2025 battery; however this battery may not be of sufficient depth to touch the contacts correctly, if you can't get it to work pinch hard on the battery compartment at the same time as pressing the button. To solve this problem instead, rather than a CR2025, use a CR2032 battery; they are thicker, have a larger capacity (last longer) and are typically cheaper. If the CR2032 alone does not eliminate the problem, fold a small scrap of paper a couple of times and wedge it between the positive battery terminal (the side the text is on) and the case. Note - ensure you do this on the positive side of the battery, doing this on the negative side will prevent the contacts from touching the battery.
on 5 April 2014
I didn't want to spend a lot of money on the Nikon remote so I bought this cheap one to try and see if I used it. It works so well I might not even buy the Nikon one. I only gave it 4 stars because it is not well made but it works.
on 18 June 2013
I found the overall buying experience to be excellent.
Looked at some of the reviews when i was considering buying the shutter remote for my new Nikon D7100. I have to say for the price it has not disappointed me at all. Stll fairly new but used it around the home for snap shots and for the price it is really worth buying.
on 21 October 2013
I received an email telling me that this had been despatched and sat waiting anxiously every day for almost 3 weeks for it to arrive. Was almost going to send off a chasing email when suddenly it flopped through the post box - from - off all places - Hong Kong! Goodness me for the price and the distance this little thing has travelled I have to say it is well worth the price. I had no inkling that it was travelling so far. Anyway I bought it with trepidation for my new shiny D7100 and worried that it may not work. After figuring out how to activate the fob with the camera manual I was up and running and delighted to say that it works a treat. Well worth it considering the price of a genuine Nikon fob and ultimately if worst comes to worst you will throw this away and get a replacement. I would mention that it comes with no manual whatsoever but then again it hardly needs one. Just pull out the battery protector film slip and once you have set up your camera to receive the signals it's a case of smile and squeeze button!

I have not tested it on distance from camera yet but will do so and edit my post when I have done this
on 18 January 2015
Product came from Hong Kong and was about a week late. It worked at first when i tested it out of the envelope, but the next time i took it out, when i actually needed it, not a jot. Dont waste your time. Rubbish.
on 8 May 2013
Just about to write a bad review when I realised that it does work and works very well! As long as you have your camera in right setting!

All seems good!
on 5 January 2016
Ordered this IF remote sceptical that it might not work well but was pleasantly surprised ! Works an absolute treat ! You have to be in direct line of sight to the front of the camera obviously and will not work from behind the camera but iv used it upto 6 metres away so far and works brilliantly ! Please note: you must activate the wireless remote mode on the camera before you can use this . For example on the Nikon d3300 if you put the dial on auto mode and then press the 3 squares button on the bottom right of the camera and then scroll to the last option (quick response remote) and press ok and then you ready to go ! Just position your camera and go stand I front of it and press the button on your remote! If it doesn't trigger at first then just try and point the remote towards the camera more directly . You will get used to it after a while . Excellent addition to any kit if for example you want to be in those family photos and not be behind the camera or rushing to get in the picture :)
on 1 August 2016
Simple, cheap and does the job perfectly.
This is the 2nd one I've had (after giving first to mum)

No need to buy expensive 'official versions from Camera makers like Nikon and Canon etc.
on 26 January 2015
I unpacked it , there are no instructions with it, so I looked on the internet.Removed the tab on the battery, followed the instructions pointed it a my camera.Nothing....so I bought new batteries, still won't work.Can't be bothered to send it back to Hong Kong.Rubbish.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse