Customer reviews

on 16 April 2015
Chasing Dreams is a facepaced story where we continue to follow Kate in her live at Timber Ridge. Occasionally the narrative is a little confusing, as it is not always clear that the action is told from Kate’s point of view, which makes it hard to follow the story. Though as soon as the narrative gets straight again it is easy to fit the confusing parts in.
The story is engaging and gives everyday challenges that a fourteen-year-old is likely to challenge. The antagonist (Angela) tend to be two-dimensional and not very well-rounded. I would have liked to see some deeper development of Angela, and maybe see why she behaves the way she does. Angela’s nice little sister casts some light on how the life is in that family, but Angela still lack depth.
Again the issue with Skywalker (Angela’s horse) never being ridden is an issue, as a horse that is not trained can not perform. Though this is shed a light on in this book as it is mentioned that Liz (the stable’s owner/trainer) is the only one, apart from Angela, allowed to riding him.
This book also shed some more light on Kate’s father, as in previous installments he has more or less been absent. He was painted as a strict and eccentric father figure, but he soon changed into a good a caring father. Which was very nice to see.

My only persistent issue with the book series is that the cover continue to have a brown horse, while Kate’s horse is palomino (Golden fur with white mane and tail).

Overall I did very much enjoy reading this book, and as an older child/young teenager I would have enjoyed it even more.
on 8 May 2016
Possible bias as I already adore the series but the stakes keep rising for Kate! Just when you think Mean Queen (my nickname) Angela can't get any nastier in her tricks, she does. Without fail every chapter had me on edge, scared that Kate would end up suspended, taken away from her beloved Tapestry (I so approve of the craft themed name) or be put in financial ruin. Holly is a wonderful best friend, always supporting Kate through life's obstacles.

A newcomer, Angela's little sister (I may have forgotten her if she was in the last book, lousy memory!), stole my heart. She is a sweet girl, total opposite of Angela and features heavily in Kate's life for various reasons. I sincerely hope I see more of her in the future. I can't give details but I inwardly cheered at the end when Kate sees the headteacher - sometimes the truth can't be avoided but it can be read between the lines. Tapestry's lying down trick is a life saver, and there was the usual mucking out and cleaning up of horse gear that I as a non-riding horse book lover enjoyed. They are still too big and too far off the ground for me to ride, but I admire them. What will happen next for Kate & Holly?

I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review on my blog Nayu's Reading Corner [...]
on 3 January 2014
Classic dilemma--choose between two loved beings? Should Kate follow her father, now returned from faraway travels, to the other side of the country, which would mean selling Tapestry, her adored horse? This choice propels the plot of CHASING DREAMS along nicely, allowing us to have a poignant glimpse behind the scenes of the Dean family on the way. Angela's little sister is a whole lot nicer than Angela, and I hope she is going to return to the series, hopefully to out-ride her big sister. Another good read in the series.
on 13 August 2014
This is such a great book! It's very interesting and I would definitely recommend it to any horse lover. It is the perfect book for a rider. I am looking forward to getting the next book in the series (when my internet gets fixed)!
on 22 June 2013
Best book ever couldn't put it down. Horse mad like Kate so perfect story for me. More than five star it's 10 STAR. I recommend it to horse mad girls like me.
on 19 May 2013
Great book. Not like most horsy books where every thing is a bit over the top and the main character is spoilt. A fun read. For 10+.

on 2 February 2015
This is book I thought was really good but I was easily distracted when reading the start of it. I can't wait until I can get the next one. :-)
on 29 May 2014
This is number five in the series. It is definitely a page turner. So if you don't have a lot of time then I wouldn't start reading this book.
on 4 February 2014
My pony mad daughter loved this book so much so we have the whole series ! In fact each book was completed in one day .
on 17 August 2014
I like reading books you should read this Percy Jackson is good to and so is Harry potter. Read this book!!!!!