Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 June 2013
This is a very strong album from The Ocean. However I'm probably not the only one who prefers the instrumental CD to the one with vocals. Sure the concept is a little pretentious, but the band carries it off, and the pressure in the music builds as we sink deeper into the ocean. A very clever and impressive release.
on 21 July 2013
This is definitely my favorite album of the year, great album flow and progression. Great contrast in vocals, ranging from aggressive growls to cleans that can be beautiful and just as aggressive as the growls. Effective use of melody and instrumentation in the guitar, bass, drums, vocals, synth/keyboard and strings. The mix and production is great, you can hear everything and this album has my favorite drum sound ever. The atmosphere brought on by the production, the strings, the samples and the large drum sound give this album depth and texture.
All this with the great lyrical content and album theme really push the boundaries of music in general, I would say this is there best album since Precambrian. A must buy for fans of the band, or artists such as Isis, Between the Buried and Me, Opeth, Intronaut, Neurosis, Tool and Mastodon.
on 1 July 2013
I will try to make this as short as possible.

Pelagial is quite possibly the metal album of April 2013 and a very strong contender for top 10 metal albums in 2013.

Also, this is a great starting point to get into The Ocean if you haven't heard anything from the Ocean before.
on 29 June 2013
very interesting to hear the two versions. I think I prefer the instrumental version but I will definitely play the vocal version a lot as well.
on 23 August 2013
The ocean did it again, what a great album. I must confess i prefer heliocentric and anthropocentric, but still a 5 star album
on 11 May 2016
Best band for listening to underwater
on 10 September 2015