Customer reviews

on 7 April 2014
Oh welp. So I reviewed Dahlia a few days ago, which is the first in this series, and Fallen Tears in the following novella which is kind of a teaser for the sequel and oh my god. I kind of just wished that this is the book that introduced us to the world, rather than Dahlia's story. I felt Rowan's story had so much more life too it! I mean yes I enjoyed the previous book but I just felt this was a lot better.
Fallen Tears is aptly named, its a novella that starts off by introducing us to 12 year old Rowan, homeless, alone, cold and hungry under a bridge until she realises she isn't as alone as she thought, there's someone else there with her, or should I say something. That something is Kaji, a vampire, or as you later find out the first vampire, and there's almost an instant connection between himself and Rowan, they find themselves agreeing to be a part of each others lives, Rowan will teac Kaji how to be more human, to welcome his emotions and he in return will look after her and protect her. I think what I liked most about this is that we got more of insight to the vampires of this world, seeing as Dahlia was only half-vampire and that wasn't even touched upon too much, here we get to meet at least two (hehe, does that count as a spoiler?) and you really get to emphasize with many of the characters introduced in this novella, its actually gotten me a lot more excited for the second book of the series and I'd really love to read it right now! We also get a closer look at some other fallen angels, ones that aren't vampire hating murders and I'd love to see more of that family - again lack of names because I could touch upon a spoiler if I do! Anyway, I loved this so much more, it was a great read!
on 6 January 2014
Fallen Tears (Blood Crave1.5) by Christina Channelle

3 Stars

Fallen tears is a companion novella to the Blood Crave Series and introduces us to Rowan, the main character in the next instalment of the series. Orphaned and living life as a runaway Rowan is saved by Kaji, a vampire who then raises Rowan as his own. Now at nineteen Rowans life takes a dramatic turn when an event occurs that changes life for the worse.

This novella is a perfect lead up to Rowan's story giving background information that isn't required knowledge but nice to have. It certainly helps to give the reader a better insight into Rowan's personality.

The Blood Crave series as a whole is an okay YA vampire series. It doesn't bring anything fresh to the table and if I'm honest does feel a bit like the same old same old. I don't mind vampire books, but I like to see something different, something to wow me and unfortunately this series nor this book do that for me.

Copy supplied for review
on 5 April 2014
This is a more emotional book that tells the story of an orphaned girl who is found by a Lamia. This is the start of Rowan's story. From when she was found by Kaji, right through to how she was left with the Cross family; a family of Fallen Angels who have helped to keep the remaining few Lamia concealed from the Fallen Angels.

This novella is beautifully written and emotionally charged. I was drawn into this dark novella very quickly. I was impressed by how much was covered in such a small amount of pages and without it feeling rushed or crammed in.

I love how this book is based more around the Lamia; as I'm a lover of all things Vampire related!

Fallen Tears has left me eager to read Rowan and see how her life pans out, and how Dahlia and Greyson fit in or if Kaji and Adam return.