Customer reviews

Eye on the Horizon
Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 24 April 2010
I would imagine that Dreadzone have won over many hearts and minds in their long career. They give everything live, they play smaller venues where its not gonna cost you an arm and a leg to get in and they get wider exposure by playing many festivals. I would imagine that they have built up a large fanbase of people who "Dont like Dance Music or Reggae" by now. The band deserve better in terms of sales and with this release they may just about achieve it if all these sleeping fans shell out on this one. I must admit I wasnt expecting much with the release of the Beyond a Rock single last year but boy was I wrong. It wasnt a great choice of a single in my opinion but it fits great in the context of this album. This is a great album from start to finish. Uptempo, downtempo, passionate, moving and most importantly positive and hopeful throughout. The perfect antidote to these depressing times where many seem enthralled by three televised political non-entities arguing to script about the best way of carving up a very large cake in almost isignificantly different ways. Surely, the most important thing is to enjoy the eating of it because there is enough there for everybody if we donnt get too greedy and learn how to share. Sorry, I digress. This album is the usual mix of stuff and styles that long-term fans like me know and love but the lyrics are their best yet and the final track moved me to tears. There is even a love song in there this time and a good one too - you could even dance to it. It has a great choice of passionate and humourous spoken word samples including Jesse Jackson and Sid James. I agree with the previous reviewer - a perfect album for a summers day. Buy it and be happy.
on 23 May 2017
Saw them in concert. Outstanding band.
on 1 August 2017
I bought my album after seeing them perform at a festival in Derbyshire. ..brill music. ..but I just couldn't get my head round the speeches. .Malcom x etc.....its a novelty at first. ..but surely they must have realised that after a while regular listening becomes annoying. .would love remastered without speeches..After a few months I threw it away. ..
on 23 April 2010
Just arrived early (before the release date) and my initial impression is this is a very jolly album, very up, yet mellow at the same time. Just listening to it sat in the sunshine, and all is well with the world. I'll post a more detailed review in a few weeks time.
on 12 August 2010
This album is amazing. It's perfectly uplifting, happy dance/reggae music yet still has brilliant song structure and lyrics. A very good combination.

Now, i'm not a fan of any type of music...i just like good music. But i often tend to veer towards more downbeat, sometimes even depressing music. One of my favorite bands being The Cure.

This music is the complete opposite. I put this on in the car when the sun is out and i feel like i should just drive around for the full length of the CD because the music just uplifts you and makes you smile and sing along.

The album opener 'Tomorrow Never Comes' is probably my favorite song on the album, but every song that follows is great in it's own right. There is plenty variation too between songs. Some slower, some a bit quirky (Gangster), and some fast uptempo stuff.

I have only discovered Dreadzone fairly recently...it's such a shame that great artists like this don't get the coverage they should. But, thankfully the 'if you like this, you may like this' section on Amazon comes in very handy and i've discovered many brilliant artists by just taking a plunge.

Really, who would NOT like this album?
It's accessible enough for fans of any music to like. I've had this on in the car and everyone who ever heard it liked it. My friend who is obsessed with Heavy metal, my parents who like r&b and chart music, my partner who loves Pink Floyd and Depeche Mode and even the guy who works under me at work (who only likes ibiza type dance music).
I think it's impossible to dislike this CD!
on 7 December 2010
The minute i played this album i absolutely loved it! My favourite track is American Dread but love the other tracks almost as much. dreadzone have done it again another album that will be played constantly. It will have you up and dancing. ps if ever you get a chance to see them live do it, awsome!
on 2 May 2010
I went to see them at Club 85 last month after not seeing em live since "Canterbury Fair" hearing them perform material from this cd live just made me have to order this before release... Humourous,knowing, retro, now, and future, (tomorrow never comes..) There is heart and happiness in this music. & The gig made winter drop off like an old snake skin. They can cure depression and make you dance nd smilexx Politics on the other hand is subterfuge. Vote Green. Bing Bong
on 26 April 2010
I had a pretty miserable year last year, but the one bright spot was two wonderful evenings spent with Dreadzone (Colchester and Cambridge). How great to go gigs where everyone just enjoys themselves and you feel good to be part of the human race. I haven't managed to get to any of this years shows, but this album will do more than enough to keep the memories fresh. Nothing particularly new just the Dreads doing what they do best, great melodies, lyrics, sweet vocals and a large slice of fun. Feels like summer is already here.
on 1 June 2010
The mighty Dreadzone pull it out of the bag again. A wicked new album which hasn't been off my stereo since the day it was issued. Consistantly the major act on the UK dance scene,Dreadzone have never got stale. Awesome beats. One for the real rockers and steppas! Word to the wise, catch em live,it's even better!
on 24 May 2011
This is great Album very melodic and upbeat and inspires optimism as the vast majority of their past work does too.
Ive got all their previous albums and this one doesn't let itself down whatsoever.
Im probably biased but I don't care as 1 of the band members was a Customer of mine at my Card Stall in Greenwich Market some years ago.
Anyhow its perfect to play at anytime but especially on a dull day as it lifts ones mood and brings
"a little welcome sunshine into ones life"
I rest my case.