Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 21 December 2012
I love Boyce Avenue. I discovered them by chance on Blip, and I was really impressed with their clean sound. The lead singer is a very talented vocalist, and I like that they don't bog down their covers with a lot of extra instruments - they keep it simple, and it works well for them.

The problem with buying their cover albums, at least, with this one in particular: I've checked back every couple of weeks or so, and a new track has been added every time. When I first looked this album up, there were only four tracks available. Eventually, there were enough tracks to call it a full album, but - sure enough - more tracks were added (at the time I am writing this review, "Lego House" was added since I checked a few days ago). If I had purchased this as a full album, and then found out that I didn't have all of the tracks, I would have been ticked off...but, since I didn't like all the songs that they covered, I only purchased some of the tracks individually, so it wasn't an issue for me.

To their credit, the album price was lower when there were fewer tracks, but having to check back over and over is very annoying. I wish they would just wait until all their album tracks are completed, and release them at the same time. Of course, if I wasn't such a huge fan, I wouldn't be complaining. =D

As far as the songs on this album: I love the selection! Two songs (#1 & #10) I didn't like at all because I didn't like the originals either, and there is one song (#5) that I've never heard of, so I don't know how well they covered the original. Otherwise, this is an excellent acoustic album!

I can't wait for Volume 5!!