on 14 October 2013
The tool broke on the first day of use. The bolt that is supposed to split the chain started to bend after two uses and eventually snapped. I wonder if the chain was stuck and it was my own fault - I am not a great handyman!
on 8 June 2013
It was generally a nightmare to unpick a chain before, with this little helper it is now a simple and easy operation.
Great value for money.
Would reccomend to any bike enthusiast.
A must have in your toll box, you never know when you might need it.
Love it
on 6 December 2013
I would have given this 5 stars but the purpose of the movable anvil is not immediately clear. The chain must be inserted and the movable anvil screwed home to hold the chain. Only then can the punch be driven home to drive out the rivet. Do this without correct use of the anvil and you bend the chain sideplates. The central section of the anvil has a spring loaded core and the spring is so strong that it is difficult to guess that the rivet will depress it into the anvil core when driving it out of the chain. I've used Cyclo chain punch for many years and it is more intuitive.
on 22 October 2014
Really poor tool. Struggled to split one link and snapped on the second attempt. This isn't because of misuse. The tool is just not sturdy, the pin feels like it is made out of pencil lead rather than something that could shift metal...
on 4 July 2016
The tool just about works but the central pin for breaking the chain was not straight when I received the item which made it difficult for a clean break. Save yourself the hassle and spend a little more
on 11 July 2016
Pushes links out OK, but does not support the outer link plates when pushing the pin in again to join a chain. The lack of instructions was not a problem for me as I have used them before, but for a novice they would be useful. Spend more and get a better one.
on 12 February 2015
Not particularly well made. It broke on it's second use, which by any stretch isn't great build quality, I managed to cobble it back together to do one more link, I'm just glad that it only cost 95p...
Would I buy this product again?
No, not a chance, I'll pay a little extra next time.
on 11 July 2015
I really Don't like this type of breaker, after a while it became uncomfortable to use especially if doing a few multiple chains. The handle just unscrewed and became annoying when you're trying to reconnect the chain. After awhile the end of the pin that pushes the rivet had been grind down so it kept slipping off the rivet. Overall I found this type of breaker a fiddly pain in the a**.

(note your experience using the product may vary)
on 28 September 2014
Terrible bit of kit turn up without the spear attached but look poorly designed and manufactured better to buy something a little bit more expensive that we work without having to bodge
on 16 September 2013
Just right for working on bike at home sturdy and well built, a bit big for riding with or keeping on your person.

See one answered question