on 22 February 2014
First - it comes from China and although it was delivered within the time Amazon quoted it took longer than I expected.
Second - It's power output can be more than your computer can provide. I bought it to use with a Samsung 500 Gb USB3/2 external hard drive (an excellent product). Using the USB3 port in this express card pulls more power than my Dell 1720 is capable of providing causing a machine black screen and crash. With lesser power requirements - it works fine.

If you are planning on using this with an external hard drive and an older laptop - one which has a 54mm Express Card - think again. You might be better using a two port card which offers a power input from either another usb2 port or external power supply. Newer computers probably won't need the extra power supply but a 54mm card won't fit in them.
on 29 April 2015
The cards work very well, the operating system (Windows 8.1 Update) picked up on the card and the mini cd supplied had the rest. Within seconds the card was working with a usb 3 flash drive. The unfortunate thing from my point is that the two cards don't work in the same machine at the same time the other port being a PC Card Type II instead of the ExpressCard 54 needed. I just have to fish out a converter from somewhere.
on 1 January 2016
It wouldn't work correctly with one of my old laptops. Not the fault of of the card as it works fine with others. The additional power supply lead defeats the point a bit. For many a 2 port card is a better option (which does work well with my old laptop)
on 29 January 2015
Fairly easy to install drivers with the provided CD. Excellent performance. The ideal item for 3 reasons : (1) it is flush with the compartment (2) it allows to connect 3 USB items (3) it performs well as to accessing USB external hard discs.
on 24 May 2016
pros:
1. it works (lenovo x220, W7 pro 64), and from comments on similar products, this is far from guaranteed!,
2. it's cheapish
3. it's three usb 3.0 ports, most cards on the market offer 2 slots only.

cons:
1. sometimes it doesn't pop out (to do that you actually have to press it in, pretty unnerving)
2. sometimes it "disappears" from the system, needs to be reinserted (it does it very seldom)
3. it's poorly manufactured, with blue "blocks" inside rather loose
4. it WON'T provide enough power for a portable usb drive. Well, I knew it, so no problem.
5. it wouldn't find drivers automatically, and it was a nuisance, because I lost the mini-cd that came with it, couldn't figure out which controller it runs (there are some on the internet, but hard to work out which ones), and the sellers told me politely to go forth and multiple, when I asked them (also nicely), if they know where to get the right controller. Fortunately I found the mini-cd and now copied the files into several locations.

ref. actual transfer speed, it's MUCH slower than the on-board usb 3.0 port, but faster than USB 2.0 Basically, I'd say abou 1.5 - 2 x faster than USB 2.0
I've had my card for about 1+ now, I foolishly broken one of the three ports, now port No 2 is dead two. Time for a replacement, I suppose.
on 12 August 2014
great plugged in to Ubuntu and worked instantly and was fast
on 3 January 2014
I initially had a problem installing the drivers for this device, as the driver disk caused my laptop to crash - some of the files seemed unreadable. I copied the disk using my PC which seemed to read the disk without difficulty and copied them to the laptop and ran the two setup programs. The card is now working quite happily under Windows 7 (64 bit).