on 11 October 2013
A rolling pin's a rolling pin right? Well no! This rolling pin has a load of really helpful features which make rolling out pastry/dough a dream. Firstly its a nice weight. The surface of the pin has measurement markings on the surface so you can easily judge whether your pastry lid will fit your pie dish. The pin has three detachable rings at each end which enable you to roll your pastry to a specific thickness - just unscrew each end and remove the unwanted rings to leave the correct thickness marker. Choice of 3/5/7mm. Or remove them all to free-style it. I've had much less trouble with the pastry sticking to the pin compared with my old wooden one (maybe something to do with the texture of the rolling pin?) I do usually use some flour over the surface as well. Love it!
on 14 October 2013
Like another reviewer I was not sure about the benefit of such an expensive rolling pin but I can now! Well made, easy to use and excellent for my baking needs as are all the other Heston products I have. See other reviews: Heston Blumenthal Precision Set Of 2 Multipurpose Spatulas
Heston Blumenthal Precision Professional Whisk
on 10 October 2013
I was given one of these Heston rolling pins as a gift and was a bit sceptical at first because my old faithful wooden pin has always worked just fine for me. But that has now been relegated to the back of the drawer. This rolling pin is a really lovely to use and I won't be going back to my wooden one. It is a good weight and the depth rings at the ends of the pin mean that you can get a much more even thickness for your dough or pastry. I haven't tried putting in the fridge yet because I ususally chill my pastry anyway before I roll it. I always lightly dust with flour when I am rolling out and I have had no problem with anything sticking to the pin. I would definitely recommend this as a great gift for someone who likes baking. Nice product Heston :)
on 29 November 2013
This is a must have for any kitchen gadget geek!!

The adjustable rolling height makes it really easy to get the right level of thickness to your pastry, particularly important to an amateur like me. Also being able to measure out how wide your pastry is as you roll it out is essential to the kitchen amateur like me.

We have a family tradition of homemade pizza night once a month, and my kids are now fighting over who gets to use the Heston rolling pin.

For the amateur gentleman cook like me, this really is the must have gadget, the thrill of the workshop comes to the kitchen :)
on 2 December 2014
I bought this so that I could make more uniform in size biscuits.

It has certainly delivered on that front. I am now able to create batches of biscuits, with each biscuit looking the exact same as the next. I'd really recommend investing in this if you want to make impressive looking homemade biscuits and other items that are similar, as guesswork from using a non-adjustable rolling pin just doesn't give the same results.

My only complaint about this is that it's slightly difficult to dry after cleaning. You can screw off either end and poke a towel through, but it's quite a tedious thing to do and I've found just letting it air-dry is the best approach, albeit slightly time consuming.
on 27 November 2013
I do the occasional baking on the weekends and I was given this rolling pin as a gift, i must say i am very impressed! It lets me roll the pastry perfectly to the thickness i required. Really easy to use, great product and easy to clean. Really pleased with my gift and will get lots of use from it.
on 22 January 2014
Have just tried my new adjustable rolling pin and it really is as good as the reviews! Making gluten free pastry is a challenge at the best of times but with the 5mm guides the pastry rolled out a treat and so much quicker (did chill first in the fridge while pastry resting), just right depth for chicken & leek pie but the 3mm will be ideal for mini 10cm quiche. Perfect - thank you!
on 27 March 2015
This works very well in assuring me that the pastry is all the same thickness, however I would have liked a 4 mm ring as I don't seem to make pastry at 5mm thick. It just goes to show you can't please everyone! Nothing seems to stick and the pin is a good length.
on 8 March 2015
Bought for my husband as he's the pastry-meister and he loves it. He loves that the pastry is rolled to an even thickness, the different thicknesses you can roll and the ease of cleaning. You can take it apart which makes cleaning a breeze and I get yummy pies made for me. Bargain!
on 10 October 2013
I have been getting more into my baking and this rolling pin is excellent! The pin has a good weight to it and allows me to roll perfectly flat pastry to a range of different thicknesses. The depth guides are really easy to assemble and work well. How did people managed without this, I will never know... Simple to use, easy to clean, spot on, I Luv it.