Customer reviews

on 30 December 2016
I returned this item not compatable
on 4 April 2017
Supposedly a great game but my son never got hooked on it
on 3 April 2017
Kids seemed to enjoy it.
on 7 June 2017
I'm guessing it's just what my grandson wanted. He plays with the DS constantly.
on 14 May 2017
Fun for those aged 7 AND 34!
I bought this for my 7 year old gamer son who picks up the gist of what you're supposed to do in games pretty quickly. It's cute and I love Luigi's voice in the game (made both me and my son laugh). My main issue with the game is that some of the levels require quite a lot of strategic planning especially the one where you have to get the bucket through the portals to grow a plant in (I think) the Jungle room. My son struggled a bit with working out how to use the portals/where he was supposed to go BUT he was MUCH better than me at actually catching the ghosts and especially the boos. We ended up completing the game together with me as the strategist figuring out the quickest way to reach destinations and him as the ghost hunter. It was nice actually because he is autistic and it can be hard to connect with him at times but every so often we find a game that brings us together at least whilst we're playing it. The 3ds changed hands very quickly towards the end of the game which added to the fun. My only other issue is that I wouldn't recommend paying more than £30 for this as some of the levels are quite repetitive in terms of location so it can drag a little in that regard.
on 29 May 2013
We've waited a long time for a second Luigi's mansion and now it's here it has met expectation.
Our favourate unlikely Ghost Buster in green is back on the case in a fun and surprising challenging game. Luigi is armed with little more than a torch, an beam to find hidden objects and a tradition suck/blow hover to combat ghosts and it's surprising how much Nintendo has done with the formula. If you're anything like me, you would have gone into the game believing that the puzzles could be solved rather simply but I admit there have been a couple of 'help me' trips to the internet.
The real appeal of Luigi's mansion 2 is its attitude. The cowardly Luigi against the fun loving ghosts is very fun to watch. The whole game leaks of a fun loving personality.
However it is difficult to play in long sessions due to how repetitive game play may become. Luigi's mansion 2 is certainly a game to be played in moderation but if you do it is well worth it.
on 15 April 2017
This game is just incredible, the single player is epic!! The online multiplayer is amazing!!! And you can even hunt ghosts with up to four players only using 1 game card!!
on 11 June 2015
who in the development company decided it would be a good idea to make players restart the level from the VERY beginning every time you die? I thought that this was a relic of the dreadfully frustrating games found in the PS1 and PS2 era. So you have just found the secret area, found and collected a load of gold then screw up on catching a ghost (usually due to the tricky control system) and it kills you. Any normal game of this modern era would have you restart from the last check point - usually just after you have achieved something of importance, but not this game, you have to go back and do all that collecting again and if the ghost kills you another time - no prizes for guessing what happens next.
It might be one of the best looking games on 3DS but for me this level of frustration is too much, Perhaps if I were really good at games it wouldn't bother me, but I'm a bit of a plodder so this title is definitely not for me.
on 18 October 2016
I ordered the dark moon edition but got the original.
on 2 October 2013
This was always going to be one of the first games I got for the 3DS, having had the original Luigi's Mansion on the Gamecube for a number of years. It did not disappoint. There's more to it than the original, where all you did was basically move through a haunted house vacuuming up ghosts (it was still a great game though). In this game there is a total of five haunted properties, with five missions in each - there are various tasks you have to complete besides catching ghosts. There is also a Boo in each mission, and when all of the Boos in each property have been captured, a new mission becomes available. I'm still working on those. Compared to the previous game, a lot more challenging and a lot more to it. And in between gameplay, the antics of Luigi and Professor E. Gadd are quite entertaining too!