Customer reviews

Defected Presents MK In The House
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 May 2013
Detroit techno classic 'The Rains' with Kevin Saunderson on KMS was the first MK record I bought in 1990 and I've followed him since (Yikes! 23 years - I am now officially old!). I loved his techno and UK style hardcore that he made with Reese and his brother Scotti.

When I was that young and coming from a synthpop/alt background I was shocked to find I loved the garage stuff he made when he left Detroit and moved to NY just as much if not more which led me becoming a major US garage geek - the black denim wearing me of 3 years earlier would have been stunned. My mates couldn't get their heads round the fact I loved his Nightcrawlers mix which had the audacity to get to no 1! when I was supposed to be a Basic Channel purist.

MK and his student Todd Edwards then invented UK Garage (so it's not quite as UK as it sounds) and again innovation after innovation. That Jodeci mix is still so fresh.

After his R&B hiatus he's actually come back with some cracking new tunes too. I'm glad one of my favourite ever producers is getting the recognition he deserves.

Don't dither. Purchase!
on 9 July 2013
Just downloaded it and absolutely loving it. Fantastic production quality, atmospheric and moody. Some albums take a few listens to get into - this one has been instant.
on 2 December 2013
Promt delivery. Earlier than expected actually. The cd itself was just as expected, all good house tunes one one cd. Thumbs up!
on 17 March 2014
Great House CD full of quality tracks no fillers, like in so many dance albums would recommend to anyone 10/10
on 1 August 2013
Quite enjoyable mix but not quite the celebration of House certain reviews in the press had made it out to be.
on 31 October 2015