Love Never Fails
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 August 2013
I loved Jahmene's voice the minute I heard his first audition on X-Factor. His voice is just stunning! When you hear Jahmene sing on this CD, it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up...

Although this is an album of covers, it is not karaoke versions of the originals. Jahmene interprets the songs in his own unique style. I actually enjoy Jahmene's rendition of Fix You, Halo and Titanium better than the originals. He just blows me away... and I cannot resist listening to these tracks over and over again.

On the subject of covers, a couple of the reviews have expressed disappointment that this is an album of covers. Jahmene has always put himself forward as a singer, not a song writer. I don't have any issue with covers, if they are done well. You only have to look at some of the great artists of our time and they have all sang cover versions of popular classics. E.g. Rod Stewart, Frank Sinatra, Whitney Houston, even the Rolling Stones! I could go on...

I gave the album four stars because I was not too keen on a couple of the religious tracks, but only because I didn't particularly like the melodies. A couple of the tracks feature Gospel type backing singers and I really enjoyed these. The Christian music market is huge, and I think Jahmene would do well to target two audiences separately.

I really hope Jahmene is given the opportunity by the record companies to have a long career. I hope he puts out another CD soon. I would love to hear more of his amazing voice...
on 27 August 2013
What an amazing talent the lad has. Felt he should have won the show as he was head and shoulders above all in the talent stakes. This is a voice that is heaven sent, no effort at all for him. This album may be cover versions but I can assure you that once heard you will come to prefer Jahmene's version over the original. There are some clear gospel influences in part which I have even come to enjoy. There isn't a bad track, not one, and I have loved it so much I have played it to death. Hope he is carefully nurtured by the Cowell machine because he is special. And he deserves to be massive and rise above all the adversity he and his family have had to endure with a painful start to life, good luck to him, and cant wait for more to come...
on 4 April 2016
Arrived really quick and well boxed. This young man has such a wonderful pure voice. I have followed his rise to fame from the beginning. I loved him singing every song. Some I knew and some I had never heard before which was very refreshing. A must have. I would recommend.
on 6 September 2015
Love this CD. I bought it a while ago when it first came out. My grandchildren love it too, so I bought another one for a birthday present for one of them. Stevie Wonder plays the harmonica on one of the tracks. and Nicole sings a duet with Jahmene on another. He is a great singer who deserved to win the X Factor instead of coming 2nd.
on 27 August 2013
What a brilliant album. Not what I expected but loved every tract. Jahmene sticks to what he believes, very difficult for a first album. Waiting for his next and a chance to see him in concert. He should go far. This voice is far mature than the young man who owns it. What ore can I say he has a voice that deserves a long and world wide career. Moving stuff.
on 15 August 2013
Jahmene was always my favorite to win the X-Factor,

James Arthur just didn't have a voice anywhere near as good as Jahmenes,

The album is great, superb choice of songs Halo being my favorite its amazing!!!

Would have liked a few more songs on it to be honest though,

Still giving it 5 stars because his voice is so refreshing to listen to

Hope to see more from this guy!
on 2 September 2013
I was totally enthralled by this young singer's voice when he appeared on X Factor. I have enjoyed his album but for me going too much on the religious theme. I know religion means much to this young man, but maybe best if he sticks to that in his "off-duty" time and back at his chapel and not allow it to spill into his recording career.
on 27 August 2013
This cd shows Jahmene's voice off to perfection, there are are a few songs on this disc; that never fail to induce tears!!
Definately not one to listen to if you were particulary fragile, but if you want to listen to a soulful album with some gospel thrown in, then this is what you will get & I love it.
Hardly been off my player since I bought it
on 27 September 2013
Lovely album - haven't stopped listening to listening to it - wonderful song selection and sung to absolute perfection ..... I hope this will be the first of many albums from an extremely talented singer who tells the strory and you can "feel" the song. A MAZ ing - looking forward to the next album .....
on 10 January 2018
This album went straight to number one in 2013 and very well deserved too! Yes it’s a cover album but jahmene has a voice of an angel 😍. Be sure to check his other album unfathomable Phantasmagoria which he’s written himself about his childhood 💙💙