on 6 November 2016
I currently wear a 30E in most bras (Cleo by Panache is my go-to brand) after losing a little weight recently. I've decided I finally want to start exercising again and thus knew I needed to order myself a sports bra in my new size. As I actually already own this Shock Absorber bra in black in a 32E (albeit unworn) from when I used to be a 30F/32E in bras, I knew right away I wanted to get the same bra again for its supportiveness.

I ordered the pink/coral colour in a 30DD and 30E to compare sizing. Firstly, this sports bra is MUCH more brighter than the somewhat muted pink it appears to be in the Amazon photographs. It is a really, really nice and fun neon pink colour in person!

I have a large, noticeably bony rib cage that measures about 29" around and I wear an 8-10 in UK clothes. This 30 band bra measures only 22" unstretched! In fact, given that I could only stretch it to 26" in my hands, I'm sure you can imagine how tight it felt on me. It took me a good minute or so to even be able to fasten this bra. Even though it *looked* like the right size once it was fastened, I could feel the band pressing against my ribs when I tried taking a deep breath. As a result of my aforementioned bony rib cage, bra bands that fit too tight compress my ribs in a very uncomfortable way in general. This is obviously exacerbated and a big no-no in a sports bra where you'll be breathing more heavily from exertion!

I'm going to try reordering in the 32 back size if the price stays the same once I've returned the 30 band bras.

One annoying point I'd like to mention is that I ordered these bras along with some jeans that also unfortunately didn't fit. Amazon have now given me two different returns labels for my order which all arrived in one box, i.e., I now have to buy a box/shipping bag to return half of this order. I've had this happen previously with Amazon orders and really don't get why they do this.
on 27 January 2016
I was very nervous about purchasing this product sight unseen. I have a relatively large chest (I'm a 34D) and I am very particular about sports bras and like them to be very, very tight (I hate running and holding my chest at the same time). Honestly, I prefer to feel like I'm getting ready for a bondage film when I put one on. I was particularly nervous as I had never used a sports bra that had hooks in the back and to be honest, I was worried I wouldn't get the support I wanted.

As soon as I received the bra, I tried it on immediately and all my fears were totally alleviated. This bra is AMAZING. I will admit, as others have pointed out, it is a little difficult to get into. Once it's on though, it's not going anywhere. And neither are you boobs. What I was most shocked about though, is although I felt so much support and stability, I did NOT feel like I had been strapped down, as I do in many of my other sports bras. I could wear this in public without feeling like I have a very flat uniboob. Finally, when it's on, my skin can breath and sweat freely- it's not pooling up in one area.

In short, I HIGHLY recommend this sports bra and I plan on getting a few more.
on 7 February 2016
Brilliant bra for sport . For the fuller busted woman. Stops bounce holds you perfectly . Lovely colour and pattern. Best product I've ever bought . Had an older model and that was great but this is up to date funky and practical
on 30 May 2017
I'm a a bigger size (GG) so was apprehensive about buying a good sports bra. Shock absorber was recommended to me and I figured at the price I'd give it a go. It's great, keeps me secure and is comfortable to wear, is easy to put on and take off.
I use this for running 3 times a week and will definitely buy another when the time comes.
on 9 October 2016
I love Shock Absorber, the only two sports bras I have ever felt completely at ease (free of the worries of looking ridiculous and free of the worries of a lot of bouncing) in were Shock Absorber. Growing up, as my bra size went up and up, it became very hard to do sports comfortably. My first shock absorber I wore until it had holes in and even then I continued to wear it as any alternative just did not measure up.

This one 34GG, finally having found it as it wasn't available in many stores, I can say I love it and if ever I am going to do any exercise it is my go to. Also, it doesn't look odd under normal clothes.

I would recommend you get your actual boob size so your breathing is not constricted and so there is no spilling in the middle.

Also, let's be honest - it looks great!
on 21 March 2017
I am a 36 G and have been struggling to find a supportive fitness bra that is not too expensive! This is perfect - I wear it to Zumber & Clubbercise, though am not sure it would suit runners (of this size!)
on 5 November 2016
I bought this a while ago and at first, found it a bit uncomfortable around the middle. However I think I bought a size too small as I've lost weight recently and began wearing this for work (I'm a vet nurse so my job is very active) and for exercise. I'm completely converted! It's so supportive and snug, I can run, jump, bend and never have to worry about my bra or make any adjustments. It's quite hot to wear all day but not uncomfortably so and the fabric is soft, the straps well padded so they don't cut into your skin. It's refreshing me for not to have to wear an underwired bra, would recommend to anyone needing no fuss support and comfort for the gym or active jobs. The only minor issue is due to the dual straps I have to put it on back to front and spin it around as it's really tricky to do the top strap otherwise but this putting it on this way hasn't been a problem personally.
on 20 February 2017
This sports bra is absolutely fantastic and definitely a really good solution for those with a larger chest or those who are stuck between sizes on a regular sports bra (Size 10/12 etc.) It offers a little bit of bounce but hardly any at all so I'm pretty pleased with that too, definitely feel very supported. Overall it is very comfy to wear and looks very nice as well, despite how the colour I ordered was not the same as the colour that had arrived. I chose the light pink sports bra, and my one is hot neon pink. Which isn't any issue, I just thought people should be aware of it. :)

The other problem I would have to make a note of is the fact that there is absolutely no padding in the bra whatsoever, so if you typically would were a sports bra by itself while working out, I would suggest buying some removable inserts (like you would have with other padded sports bras) so stop your nipples from showing through the sports bra. Other than that, it's perfect! Don't let that put you off, it's an easy fix :)
on 9 June 2017
I ordered my regular size (on Freya, Fig Leaves and Panache brands), but this one is way too small! Couldn't even close it properly.
on 29 July 2016
This is a lovely fit and really comfortable even when running. Great design and colour too, I have many from this range and really love the style.

Overall I'm very pleased with them and would definitely buy this brand again! Delivery was very quick and service from the seller and amazon is great as always.

This is a great item for the money and I would definitely recommend getting this one.

I received this product at a discounted rate for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Disclosure: *I work hard to leave detailed, helpful reviews. Because many of the products I review have been discounted, I'm required to review them within a certain time frame. Unfortunately, this means that I cannot provide details of the long term benefits of a product. I do still try to supply as much information as I can in terms of my initial experiences of the product. Being given this product for free/at a discount in return of an honest, fair and unbiased review has in no way influenced my review of this product. I use reviews to help other people to make decisions on whether or not to purchase and therefore would not recommend a product or give 5 stars unless I really believe it deserves it.[...]If you think otherwise, before you click on the "no" button to say I was unhelpful, please leave me a comment explaining WHY it wasn't helpful. I might be able to improve it and make it better or clearer. Any questions just ask, Thank you!* :-)