on 12 July 2016
If I could give this series 20 stars I would..they keep you wondering till the end..the best books I have ever read ( and I have hundreds in my kindle ) Kathleen Morgan is a fantastic writer..just wish there was loads more of her books. she writes a full story no need to use page after page of detailed sex like most writers do but instead writes a great story, with the wonderful reference to God in them..please keep writing Kathleen 17 to 18th centuary please,,,,
on 18 April 2012
Although it wasn't really boring to read, the story is very predictable, in fact it's the same like the previous 2 just with different main characters and slightly different locations.
The author didn't do a good job with her historical research. Now, I don't know whether it was in this book or the second of this series, but as an example: One of the meals served contained potatoes, which just can't be. In the 16th century potatoes were a a novelty, if at all, they were planted as a rarity in gardens, but not by farmers. True, it took over fast, but that only started in the mid to late 17th century.
[...]
This book plays in 1658 .. the potato hadn't even reached the British farms then, not to mention the Scottish Highlands, so they were certainly not part of a normal daily diet. At that time they were probably worth their weight in gold.

To someone who is interested in history like I am, the books are very disappointing... the potato bit is just one little thing that doesn't fit and it sums up. Lack of historical information, the few bits provided are either wrong or rudimentary.

Also the stories are shallow and idealized.

For someone who is expecting just a tiny bit more than chaste kisses and embracing it is very lame. I am not even speaking about full scale sex scenes, but the author must have a quite low level of imagination when it comes to passionate love and longing.
on 4 May 2013
Overall enjoyed the three books got a bit fed up towards the end of book three very repetitive dialogue everything verra verra good or verra verra bad some of the wording quite strange
On page 25 I think it was the word diaper used when referring to the child's nappy I would think it should have been napkin.As far as I am aware diaper is an American word . Would not rush to read another book like this at the moment
on 16 April 2013
A simple love story in a most glorious part of the world. A predictable ending and a tale sadly spoiled by North American vernacular which would never have been used in 16th century Scotland. But the descriptions of the characters and places were very good and it was good to be there with them in situ.
on 18 September 2013
I've read a few series of books where the first one would be great and then the rest would sadly lag behind in content but these three books, although written in the same vein, were all in their own right fabulous reads. They were packed with great plots and intrigue and romance. I couldn't put them down.
on 11 October 2013
3rd book of the 3 I found it a,little slower pace to read this time and not as good as the first and second book. But I had a long gap between book 2 and this the last. A nice story but you can guess the ending ..
on 12 May 2013
This one was just as emotionally diverting if not more compared with child of the mist. I found the reflecting of the characters philosophical when battling with what is right and wrong and that of tradition to add the weight. I really enjoyed this and if anything women may learn from it.
on 20 November 2012
An easy read but quite weak when compared to the previous 2. I really don't like some of the Americanisms the author uses!
on 18 October 2012
After reading two parts of the trilogy one just had to continue, Brilliant read suggest all three in one go as once you have started you will want to read the complete set, i recommend you read in order though.
on 9 September 2012
This is the 3rd book in this series and I shall be sorry when I have finished it as I hsave enjoyed all 3 very much. Its good if you start at book 1 but not that important as you soon pick up the storyline