Customer reviews

Disarm The Descent
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 April 2013
This is a decent album. I heard Jesse was back and that's what really drove me to get it. I really liked Howard but I kind of felt that musically they were getting very repetitive and I was hoping that Jesse's return would spark something new. Sadly, this isn't really case.

There's some really good songs. I like 'In Due Time', 'Turning Point' and 'Always' but most of the other songs just follow the same structure as every other KSE song you have heard a million times already. For some people this might not be a bad thing cos KSE are a really good band, but for me its just time for something new. I think they should try doing what Machine Head have done on the Blackening and write less songs but try something more epic. I think KSE have more talent than they actually produce right now.

With Jesse's return this will get compared to the Times of Grace album and that's understandable. Personally, I think the TOG album was far better than this.

To sum up though - good album, there's definatley nothing terribly wrong with it, its just time for a change IMO.
on 26 April 2013
A really great album, even though the legendary Howard Jones is departed from Killswitch. Jesse Leech really makes a bigger and better comeback than I thought, the man can sing. The album seems to mould into one great song and I have had it on repeat since pre ordering it. They have lost none of their touch and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone thinking of buying it.
on 6 October 2015
VERY PLEASED
on 10 November 2014
Good album.
on 5 April 2013
Definitely worth the buy - KSE's consistency shows throughout and the album really grows to you after a few listens.. Jesse's seems really happy now and it shows from the vocals he produced on the album. Anyone looking for a taster i personally reccomend :- the hell in me or in due time.
on 8 March 2014
If you like modern metal then you will love this, however for me the guitars and vocals are far too extreme. All very fast and frenzied! Lots of scooped mids on the guitars and lots of energy too! Not for me but I am glad I listened and am aware that it is all a matter of taste!
on 16 July 2015
Good Album
on 15 November 2014
Very happy
on 20 April 2013
Honestly I was never a huge fan of the first 2 albums and was skeptical when I heard Jesse would be back to replace Howard. And although we lost something beautiful, we gained something equally as magnificent!

JESSE AS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER! I absolutely love this album, definitely up there with As Daylight Dies as my favorite KSE albums!
on 10 May 2013
This is a great album from Killswitch Engage. I do prefer certain songs over other songs but I still really like this album. I would reccomend this to any Killswitch Engage fan.