Platform: Xbox 360|Change
Price:£10.05+ £2.03 shipping

on 4 May 2015
I enjoyed playing Revelations, but it's very short - I finished the solo campaign in a little under 12 hours, on Casual (easy) difficulty. And I don't see why it should take much longer on the harder difficulties if you're good enough to play them without dying too often.
This leaves Raid mode, which is intended for multiplayer. It can be played solo if you don't care for online gaming, but on a quick trial it just seems to consist of blasting your way through the game stages, and grinding for items and XP to level up so you can blast through the next stage.
I only paid £12 for the game so I don't feel too short-changed, but if it had been longer then I would have given it four stars instead of three.
on 29 May 2017
good product! good seller
on 1 June 2013
As a long time fan of the Resident Evil series, I have to admit that I went into Resident Evil: Revelations a little skeptical, to say the least. Resident Evil 6 had been surrounded by so much hype, claiming that it would revolutionize the series and take it to new and exciting places. Alas, it certainly did not. What did we get? A confusing, tedious and shallow 'action' game that seemed to strip away all the things that made Resident Evil, Resident Evil.

Resident Evil: Revelations is a nice jump back to a more familiar style of gameplay that fans of the older Resident Evil are used to. Whilst it does have the more actiony style of fighting enemies seen in RE4, 5 and 6, it also focuses largely on the story and the characters, something that RE6 especially lacked (I often felt I was just endlessly killing enemy after enemy with absolutely no idea what was going on or who anyone was) and the action doesn't fell like it drags on endlessly like Resident Evil 6. Jill and her partner Parker are aboard a huge ship, the Queen Zenobia, searching for her fellow comrade Chris Redfield who has gone missing.

This really should have been Resident Evil 6. Storyline is great, the atmosphere really captures that freaky feeling apparent in the earlier games and the new Raid mode - similar to The Mercenaries seen in the previous games - is a huge improvement and I have spent countless hours enjoying it with friends online. Has all the things that make a great Resident Evil game - lots of exploration, a few puzzles here and there, creepy zombie-esque monsters (although a few of the monster designs feel a bit sloppy and uninspired) and plenty of cool weapons which you can upgrade and customize which is a nice feature. And the characters are an interesting and unique bunch, even if we do have a couple of the cringe-worthy voice acting moments, in particular, Jessica is possibly the most ridiculously camp character ever to appear in an Resident Evil game and rivals Ada Wong for the most innappropriate outfit considering she has been sent on an important mission which will involve a lot of physical contact - one legged skin tight catsuit with 5 inch stilettos anyone? All I can say is 'Me and my sweet ass are on the way!'.

I definitely recommend this game to any fan of Resident Evil, zombie-related games and yes, survival horror genre games (this is the first time since RE4 where we can actually call the game 'Survival Horror' and not just 'Action' as seen in RE5 and 6). It was incredibly exciting and at times particularly creepy and scary, something I haven't felt from a Resident Evil game in a long time! Not to mention that it is focused on two of THE best characters in the RE series, Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield.

Buy this game, you won't regret it!
22 Comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 August 2013
I'm just going to come right out and say it: I love Resident Evil 6. Lot's of people did not and Capcom even went on record to say that it was slightly "bloated". In other words it tried to do too much.

Revelations, on the other hand, has been better received and classed as one of the better Resident Evil titles. I originally played this on the 3DS and it was great to get a port for the 360.

I remember rushing down to my nearest Electronics Boutique for the release of Resident Evil on the PSone. It was, at the time, one of the best games I'd ever played.....for survival horror. Nowadays the term is thrown around and ultimately people have different views on what survival horror actually is.

In my book Resident Evil Revelations is an action game with horror elements. Due to the fact that ammunition (on normal difficulty) never really becomes a problem (unless you've been getting shooting lessons from Stevie Wonder) and weapons can be upgraded to deliver extreme damage it always feels like the player has the upper hand. I think Capcom has a tough job supplying it's market with what we, as fickle gamers, expect from our Zombie games.

Of course, like the times, the enemies in the Resi universe are shifting. Revelations introduces the Ooze. Gangly mutations with sharp limbs and large tongues. There are genuine moments of "I may have just filled my underwear" as the creatures slide out of vents behind you, and appear at unexpected times. They grab you, try to drink your blood and it's a case of wiggling the analogue stick to shake them off. Get surrounded and it's back to the continue screen. As in all the Resi games you'll adopt a playstyle that allows you to shoot, dodge and melee attack your enemies. It all comes together in the end.

Revelations features something of a mixed campaign. The main tell is Jill Valentine and her partner, Parker, as they explore the murky decks of a cruise vessel called the Queen Zegobia. Jills' mission is to locate the ever, beefy, Chris Redfield. Obviously things do not go as planned and the games episodic nature plants you into the boots of different characters at key points. It's an interesting way of telling the story as you get to visit snowy mountains and even a City locale. But, as Jills' quest is the main one, when you jump back to her you open up new areas of the ship and can explore them freely. It's not un-common in the Resi games to backtrack into previous areas to unlock doors that were previously off-limits.

You'll hunt high and low for weapon upgrades, extra herbs and ammunition. This is Resident Evil at it's best...allowing the player to move steadily through the world with a sense of unease and wonder, as to what's behind a now usable door.

All in all this is must-buy for fans of the main series.

Beyond the main campaign mode lies the Raid mode. Similar to Mercenaries but actually more satisfying as the clock isn't on a countdown. You can select sections from the main game, choose your character, and then go against leveled enemies. The thing is you will find yourself grinding and grinding, earning coin and weapon parts to boost your arsenal.
Think of it like a dungeon crawl. This mode can be played co-op but no split screen. Internet only.
on 24 May 2013
This is a port of the 3DS so several things run through my mind, I have played the 3DS & thought it was very good for a handheld game with touch elements. So the 360 version is a more polished version, contols feel a tad awkward to get used to lining the cross hairs up but overall still usable. It stars one of my favioute charactors from Res 1 & Res 3 Jill Valentine looking very nice in her outfit :) The weapons seem standard knife, pistol & shotgun etc some seem to be hidden around the "ghost ship".. which brings me to the first high point of Res Revelations. The setting almost feels like the mansion from Res 1 a major plus point, Im on chapter 4 so a little through it, Ive discovered my first boss battle which was clever in how to deal with it. The Cruise liner has all the relivant areas bridge guest corridors service rooms elevators etc, you need special keys to obtain certain areas (think shield key from Res 1 etc.) The puzzles on the 3Ds like unscrewing panels are all in a cut scene now, which i suppose loses it's fun points not being touch enabled. The enemies are not Zombies shock horror, so que the haters well tbh the Ooze the enemy of the game at first seem disapointing in comparison to the zombies of racoon city but have their own charm, they can appear out of the vents foors aswell as cupboards etc so hold some challenge, so all in all the "ship" section is good. Now the bad point remember the annoying Chris mission for Res 6 loads of ammo kill everything run kill everything run well its back in the section you play away from the boat with Chris Redfield. I am a massive survivor horror fan and really dont care for this type of play in a Res game so am pretty gutted but it is in here and holds info to story of the game. The collectables are in here with the use of a scanner which i found quite good uncovering ammo health etc that you otherwise walked past to the naked eye! You also have hand prints scattered about (like the spinning tokens in Res 5 that you shoot) you have to scan these to add to your collection the more you get the better the prize, weapons etc. There is a multiplayer called Raid - I have not tried this as yet will update when i do. The achievements are scattered between the campaign & the Raid mode making achievment hunters play both parts!

Overall its a great atmosperic survival horror with the cruise ship back drop, including a few scares (so far) but why in gods name did they need the gears of war run & gun bit!

8/10 for me..
22 Comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 September 2013
Having gone through the roller coaster ride over the years of the resident evil games i was very sceptical about this one! When i begun the game and saw that they had made it so that you play a segment as different characters i almost turned it off but i am glad a kept on playing. They have done something right with this game and i cannot work out what it is but suffice to say it is an enjoyable storyline with some good game play. I am very much a resident evil fan and it would be difficult not to rate a game or movie just on the basis that it is resident evil however this one is worth playing and is good fun. The story is verging on the downright desperate now though having been done to death in different variations a multitude of times but somehow that makes it quite fun too?!
on 13 November 2014
Well this game is just great, I loved the early REs and especially 2 and 4.
I played RE 6 and I just couldn't take it anymore after Leon's campaign, it made me sick waiting for a Spec Ops Team to destroy flaks while being shot at with MGs, RPGs, Sniper Rifles and tons of other explosive s*** plus endless respawning enemy hordes.

So I finally picked up RE Revelations and I wasn't really sure what to expect, but this game really convinced me right after the first level, this old RE 4 feeling was back but the setting reminded me of the first one's mansion, the enemies are strong and can take a lot of damage, I often ran out and had to go for the good old knife, sometimes I even ran cause I didn't stand a chance against them.

You can never be too sure what's lurking around the next corner and if you can beat it (at least on hard), that is exactly what I've been missing in RE, you can't fool around as much as in RE 4 since there is never enough space and you have to make your moves with much caution. The whole ship feels like a hostile place and is well designed, the sound's great too.

About the graphics, yes it is not as nice as RE 6, textures and effects aren't that great but well I didn't care because the game was a lot of fun.

Really, if you liked the old REs and especially 4 this game really is for you.
on 17 July 2013
This game has restored my faith in resi games the last 2 lost complete direction. Although not as good as resi one to four it still has that feel I am playing resi and not some bad shooter with no puzzles no suspense and just frustration.puzzle keys symbols that resi and frights.
on 20 July 2013
Thank goodness for Revelations. After the last few poor attempts at a Resident Evil game they have returned to the original format but actually improved it. I thought the last few games were quite poor but this is really good.
on 24 June 2013
this should of been resi 6, not that tame mickey mouse call of duty rubbish! creepy, dark, tense, atmospheric an plenty of grim looking enermys that what resi about! best game since resi 4!

See one answered question