Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

on 18 December 2016
Bought this to increase my ps4 memory. Works well, it was easy to install and I can definitely see the difference in loading times with this hard drive compared to the normal one. Even online, my game is always loading faster than my friends. A must buy for any ps4 player who's collection of games is growing. As you may know, hard drives need to use some of there space before anything is even saved on it. So all in all you actually get about 860gb of space for games.
on 1 October 2017
The Travelstar 7K1000 is a great little hard drive and is perfect for upgrading or replacing the standard drive in a PS4. It does make an improvement to loading times etc. too and this is probably down to the increased RPM of the drive. For its size it's actually quite fast and very quiet - it can barely be heard in operation.

Before installing to the PS4 I tested the drive's performance on a PC and was quite surprised to see it reach 140.4 MB/s read and 126.9 MB/s write. Obviously it doesn't perform well on random read/writes due to it being a mechanical drive but it's probably one of the best on the market for it's capacity.

If you are looking at the Travelstar 5K1000 or 7K1000 drives then I would highly recommend the 7K1000 drive. It might be a few more pounds to buy but the performance improvement is definitely worth it.
review image
on 6 August 2017
My drive developed a fault within 4 months. Seller adverts says to contact manufacturer for Warranty. However, Hitachi Warranty and Serial # says that "The drive is not valid for warranty through HGST. Please return product to your point of purchase." And its out of Amazon Return Policy. So what ? ...I'm stuck with a dead drive ?
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 March 2017
This still is the only 2.5" HDD at 7200 Rpm with 32 MB of buffer as far as i am aware.
So it is a good performer give it's size and limits being a mechanical drive in the SSD era.
It does over 100 MB/s read and 100 MB/s write sustained.
Really happy with it. And i got a second one.
on 8 December 2017
This thing is fast! I was hoping it would be good, having a couple of SSDs as well, but I was very pleasantly surprised how quick it is. It is the repository for our photos in Lightroom, and the software is responsive with little delays despite large RAW photo files.
on 14 July 2017
Reasonable price, working well so far. My only issue is that this is a laptop form factor hard drive, but doesn't seem to deal with movement well. every time I move my laptop I have to be careful not to rotate it too quickly or I will get a terrible grinding sound from the disk. Hasn't seemed to have broken anything yet though.
on 5 October 2017
This drive worked OK while it lasted, but it expired after about 30 months in a low-usage Apple macbook pro. I had expected it to last a bit longer, given that the drive it replaced was 5 years old.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 December 2015
Excellent product and service. Used this as a replacement upgrade for my PS4 and it works like a dream.
on 20 May 2017
Working well as a replacement for a smaller drive in a laptop. The loss of 1 star is more to do with speed and perhaps I should have gone SSD but the prices for the capacity were high.
on 6 July 2015
Had no problems at all with drive. Been really good. Used in my laptop for media. 7200rpm is great. Uses a bit more juice than my old hdd for laptop but its a lot better so i dont really mind.