on 15 September 2017
The quality of the English in this book reminds me of my dyslexic sisters" however it's not an `English lesson. What it does really effectively is let us know some of the things special forces face in Afghanistan and from the comfort of my bed it sounds partly exciting and fun, however, it was real people with real injuries and death and we should be all aware of what our government sends our troops to suffer. It's my understanding that the author wrote further books and I will certainly read them.
on 31 January 2018
Although Interesting, and the author admitting his dislike of English as a child (which is why I persevered), the editor and or proof reader need to be fired. How they can knowingly release this book for purchase in the state it is in is embarrassing, I could have done a substantially better job with no real qualifications in the area required to do this as a career. Would recommend for the subject matter, but can be challenging at times.
on 13 May 2016
An excellent book, written by an ex-regiment man. The writer takes on several highly-dangerous missions and actions, including taking out Taliban leaders, blowing up opium factories, freeing hostages, while meanwhile explaining the development within the modern Taliban forces themselves, weapons, road-vehicles and the much feared mines. Brief explanations on what the SAS is and how it functions, and selection and training to become a member of the 'regiment'.
One person found this helpful
on 17 March 2015
I thought this an excellent read as it gave you an insight into the SAS's involvement in Afghanistan in all three books, and it was really interesting. Although I read these books on my kindle and when I was on my breaks @ work, it was one of those books that you couldn't put down & that's why I gave it 5 stars. I'd recommend these books 2 anyone that's interested in this sort of thing. So thank you Steve for showing me what everyone went through in Afghanistan, I salute you, & am proud of all of you.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 June 2017
Ive read quite a few books on Afghanistan (and Iraq and the SAS). Afghan Heat can be best described as merely 'OK'. I didn't feel there was any depth to the content
on 29 January 2014
I will accept that the SAS trooper that wrote this book may not be the most articulate author, but I would have expected his publisher to have tidied things up. At times it is hard to follow the storyline as the grammar and punctuation is so bad. Not taking anything away from the author, he's been there, seen it, done it, but it's not the best SF book to come out of Afghanistan that I've ever read.
on 11 April 2018
It was OK, but would have preferred less jargon.
on 22 June 2016
Although a good read not worth the money large font type and a glossary that's not required makes this more of a short story. Normal type face would only be about 70 pages!
on 22 February 2014
great read still reading it just love it really tell how it is unbelievable, that men could suffer these conditions and still fight axs required and more
3 people found this helpful