on 29 August 2015
I purchased this USB OTG Adapter in the hope that my Asus Memo Pad 7 ME173X tablet would connect easily to it. Unfortunately it was not recognised and it would not connect at all. So I did some Youtube research and found out that The Asus Memo Pad 7 does not supply a power output to make any USB OTG work at all. So I researched some more on Youtube and found out a technical trick to make the USB OTG work with the Asus tablet and possibly other Android devices that do not provide enough power to make an OTG Adapter work.
Here are the main two steps.

STEP 1.
You must have a ROOTED Android device to make this work. I went into Play store and downloaded the following apps to the tablet. King Root and rooted my Asus tablet with one click. I installed Root Checker and verified my tablet was rooted. Then I installed StickMount which mounts the OTG USB once it's plugged into the tablet and finally ES File Explorer, this program lets you find and access anything connected to the OTG USB.....Phew!, a lot to install, but trust me it worked for me.

STEP2.
I purchased a cheap 4 x USB hub (£1.99) with a short USB cable. I then made a homemade USB male to USB male cable by joining two unused USB cables together which I had lying around (just connect the red and black cables, the green and white are not needed). I plugged one end of the homemade USB cable into my Asus tablet USB/mains charging plug adapter (to provide the power) the other end into any one of the four spare USB connections on the USB hub. I then connected the USB power lead leading out from the USB hub directly into the OTG USB adapter. Then I plugged a USB memory stick with movies,music,photos and a few documents to test out into the USB hub, then plug the OTG USB adapter into the tablet. If you have followed the steps precisely you should get a large symbol flash up in the middle of your tablet screen indicating a connection is made.

Using StickMount, click 'mount', this will mount the OTG Adapter, then go into ES File Explorer and find the following path by selecting SD Card/USB Storage/sdb1/sda1. All being well you should now have access to the contents on your USB memory stick.

I think this setup will work with most tablets and android phones if they don't have enough power to power up a USB OTG Adapter by themself. Earlier versions of some Android phones and tablets may not work though.

I hope this lengthy instruction helps those who have struggled and failed to make the USB OTG Adapter work with their Android device..
on 27 April 2017
Purchased this in the hope that I could transfer photos from my digital camera onto my tablet but I kept getting a message saying that there was nothing on my camera, so tried to transfer photos and video from my Nokia Lumia onto the tablet and got the same message. Not sure why I kept getting this message as I made sure I bought the correct cable. Never mind, it could come in handy.
on 8 July 2017
I purchased two of these. One is perfectly fine, the other died after a few days due to a break in the cable.

I would have returned it, but for the price its not worth the hassle.

As they do a good job (when working) I would buy this again or recommend it, however I would also buy a spare. The cable is a little weak due to poor quality.
on 17 November 2017
Arrived next day via Prime. Connects my Samsung tablet to my Samsung NX3000 camera, to facilitate fast file transfer of image files. But on first try I can't get my Samsung phone to connect the my tablet... I will keep trying.
on 19 September 2017
This cable is really high quality and came well packaged. It wasn’t quite long enough for the purpose i intended it for but put it to good use elsewhere and works perfectly. Not a lot else to say really, it works!
on 25 August 2017
I bought three and none of them work with my TREZOR. I believe this is not a fully implemented OTG cable because neither end is marked as host. So, maybe it works for some applications but keep this in mind.
on 31 August 2017
Arrived quickly enough with typical Amazon efficiency but very flimsy, poor quality, and the ends won't stay in the devices... only cheap so just threw it in the bin!
on 6 August 2017
For eeasons that aren't obvious to me, the OTG functionality doesn't work, although charging does. I can't be too critical, since there may be an issue with my phone - how could one tell?
on 21 June 2017
Sticking a solid state drive on the back of your phone or audio dap through otg? This'll do the trick with another adaptor to your hard drive, job done.
on 3 March 2017
This is a well made microUSB to USB adaptor that I use to plug in my wireless mouse to my Asus Transformer T100chi as it does not have any full sized USB ports. Works perfectly.