on 26 November 2015
It all fell together far too easily, the book seemed to end in the last few pages as if the author needed done with it.
What did the North Koreans and the Royal diamonds have to do with the story or characters?
on 17 October 2014
Just finished Ghosts..... can't fault it. If your looking for something deep and meaningful look elsewhere. If your looking for a cracking sci - fi yarn that's an enjoyable page turner , then Scott's the man! Just going to buy and download Alistair.
on 2 January 2015
This is my second book from Scott. Again a good enjoyable read. I would like to have time to read longer space opera from the likes of Peter F Hamilton etc but don't, so these books give me my fix. As like the last one I read -Vestige, the story tends to wrap it up so to speak towards the end, this is totally understandable as this is a short story book. Mr McELhaney is bound to be frustrated, this guy clearly could write huge space operas if he was a full time writer, maybe he will treat us to one someday?........
on 21 April 2015
2 stories? Gratuitous violence in North Korea at the start which had no bearing on the plot. Also some irrelevant diamonds? A race to the finish at the end where we are presented with the complicated story of this race in a short stilted dialogue which doesn't make much sense. However I did enjoy the ride until the sudden stop. Thanks, but try a better proof reader!
on 19 December 2014
This was such a pleasant surprise. I love sci-fi and was recommended this book having gorged on the genre. This is an easy to read and satisfying story that i enjoyed until its abrupt end. I agree with another reviewer in that the ending, whilst being very well thought out, did feel rushed and I craved more detail. Nevertheless I would highly recommend this book and commend McElhaney for his creativity nd imagination. There were moments and character choices that were so satisfying. Makes a change from illogical and irrational characters!
on 30 May 2015
It's a good solid story but feels, somewhat rushed I think that the author should go back and flesh out the story some more, take time to round the characters and story more. Add more events, and interactions. This would take a good story and make it a great story.
on 21 June 2013
Really enjoyed this book up until the ending which I felt was hurried and rushed. This was a shame as up until then it had been a decent tale , fast paced with good central characters . Despite the ending I shall be trying more of this author's books and if you like action sci fi then suggest you do the same
on 8 May 2013
Ok story, but a bit rushed and some glaring technical errors.
Found the mystic saga a better read and better interlinking stories.
on 5 December 2014
Great read and different from the normal alien invasion story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait to read the next instalment.
on 6 October 2015
I chose this rating as it reflected my enjoyment of this story which presented a different twist to a common storyline