on 17 June 2013
Not my usual taste of music, but after reading glowing reviews I thought I'd give them a try - probably the best decision I've made this year!

This is one of the only albums I own that I can listen to without changing track.

From start to finish this album is excellent, fresh and uplifting. Makes such a change from the rap central that is the current pop charts.

Not really sure what else to add, all I can do is recommend this to anyone at all, regardless of taste. Personally, I frequent DnB, Garage, Pop, Dubstep making this album the odd one out, but still love it!

Imagine Dragons will become, if not already, absolutely massive.

Spot on!
11 people found this helpful
on 19 June 2015
I'd seen Imagine Dragons on tv coverage of the 2014 Glastonbury festival, and I was impressed. I think it was the drums and the singer's cracking voice that got me. However, Kodaline were also on and, since I'd taken to them the year before, that was the band I really took to. Amazon kept recommending Imagine Dragons so, since I already knew the song It's Time, I decided I'd buy this album. It'll wear out soon, I've played it so often. It's Time is still a favourite, and Demons has to be THE one for me, but there's not one track I don't like. Yes, I'm definitely hooked!
One person found this helpful
on 7 May 2013
I am officially a very new fan. I found these guys courtesy of an advert on sky and heard radioactive. A little digging on youtube and my word what a find. I have ordered this album already but have listened to all of the imagine dragons music on youtube etc as well as the EPs. Now usually I find I am very picky with music and the only modern bands that I listen to and I mean albums not one song, is Linkin Park and Evanescence, accoustic only Daft Punk. I think my mac book is getting sick of me listening to the same songs over and over.
All the songs are very easy going and very catchy and I really cant say one song is stronger than the other.
The problem with Imagine Dragons is that quite frankly none of the songs are "weak" if you will, none are fillers they are all decent well done songs in their own individual right. I very highly recommend that anybody tries listeninging to this group, they are going to be massive (if there's any justice) and have the talent to do it.

Enjoy
One person found this helpful
on 18 December 2015
When was the last time you listened to a record/album/CD where more than 5 of the tracks were outstanding? It would not be an exaggeration to say that "Night Visions" is probably one of the best "pop-rock" albums to have come out in the the last ten years. The "sound" and production may not be the most original, but its catchy choruses and hooks are. The tunesmithing is on a high par, easily above the 80-90% of what passes off as "rock" these days. On the whole, the songs are tuneful, clever, and inventive (which is saying a lot). My only "gripe" is the production -- or the "over production," if you will. The overall "sound" of the work (although that might be for most folks one of it's alluring graces) is a little too much (of a good thing?). For my taste, a little more basic core or spine was needed in a few songs (especially on the low end, with the bass and drums).
VINE VOICEon 2 April 2013
I found Imagine Dragons via "On Top Of The World" from PES2013 which I thought was upbeat and uplifting, after scouring the internet I came to Amazon to find the CD wasn't out til 1st April, relucatantly I ordered the disk but then cancelled when the MP3 download became available.

To me this band has a wonderful mix of clear vocals, meaning you can actually understand what they're singing. There is a good mix of songs on this album but even the songs that are a little melancholy seem to lift me and have a positivity that flows through them.

Coming Home is a wonderfully bright light song that lifts the spirit but after On top of the world my favorite so far is Demons which just speaks to me.

So far I haven't stopped playing it - absolutely love this album!!!
on 8 December 2014
20 tracks on this album! This album is best described as US of A Indie - not a bad thing. However, they cannot be easily compared to any Brit band. If it helps you, I bought this with other excellent albums by Chvrches, Kodaline, Polica, and Interpol.
Rating each track out of 10, I got 4x 10's, and 8x 9's. That's an impressive score for any album I've bought in the last 40 years. Of course, there will be a few bum tracks , But really this is a 'thumping' good collection on the whole. If you don't fancy going thru' 20 tunes try downloading 'America' (best on album), 'It's Time', 'Hear Me', and 'Selene'.
on 2 January 2015
This always happens to me. If I buy a newish album, it'll be because I heard one of its songs played on a film. This time, the film was Nowhere Safe. The track was On Top Of The World.

There's me thinking: Yup, I like that. It's mine! So, I bumble around here looking for the song, find the album, check it through, like the whole thing, so the download begins.

Night Visions by Imagine Dragons is well worth an earful. I do, genuinely like the sound.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 4 November 2015
My young son introduced me to this group and I am glad he did. They are very very good. Great arrangements, great lyrics and great singing. Pop rock at its best. If you like groups such as Coldplay, Keane or the Killers, you might enjoy this group as well. Highlights are radioactive, Tiptoe, It's Time and Cha Ching but not a bad song on what is a very good album. Highly recommended.
on 8 April 2015
great songs BUT if you've got a decent system and don't convert the tracks to MP3 you'll notice a load of distortion on all tracks , especially radioactive and demons. Apparently a British producer called Alex the Kid loves distortion, and played with the studio album. The live album is much better. That being said, I've listened to this album in MP3 format and it's not nearly so bad, so that's the choice
on 7 April 2018
There was a fault/ damage on the first song. Had to send it back for a replacement, only to find the same fault in the same place. I can only assume there must have been a problem on the production run. This was meant to be a present for my daughter, so I got the third replacement elsewhere and it worked fine.