on 20 November 2014
I received it the day after ordering it. So far so good. Checked it and no marks/scratches on it. These days, you have to check even on a new product. Fitted my GoPro Hero 4 Silver so the statement "fits all" is correct.

Feel
Tiny bit on the heavy side but for me, that only translates as build quality. The handle grip is rubber allowing for a "grippy" feel. Does not feel like it will slip away from you. Not too thick/not too thin. Just right for my average size male hand.

Telescopic Action
Time will tell how this fairs up, especially when using it under water. Extends to a pretty long length. Locks at each joint.

I did a lot of research and found this pole to be the best in the market, at the best price. I will update this review in the coming weeks after having used it for a while a let the Amazon community know if any pros/cons.
on 2 March 2017
This was the most disappointing purchase I have ever made. The product just feels cheap and did not work in the slightest. The extension system was clunky and difficult to use, it wouldn't lock in to place and after a few minutes of experimenting, one of the sections pulled right out of the other. Furthermore, I couldn't even mount the gopro as the screw refused to bite on the nut. Essentially this product was broken out of the box and it ruined my holiday as I'm now in Canada with no way to shoot selfie shots through the Okanagan Champagne Pow! I have been using the SP pole for several years and advise everyone to buy that brand instead as it worked flawlessly for several years!
on 28 August 2014
It works very well. I've used it for filming walking and snorkelling on holiday and I've had no problems with it. The twisty bit it does for holding in place works very well and I haven't had a problem with it not staying in place or the camera rolling round as I've some others say it has done. I did find that you do have to find the sweet spot for it to grip in place but this only involves a little adjusting and common sense. It thought it was a bit pricey at £30 but now I see it is on for £50! Which is why I've only given four stars. I was pushing the boat out when I bought it at £30!!
on 11 February 2015
Fantastic product

Gopro feels secure when mounted on the end of the GoPole.

Quick to extend and short the pole as needed.

Only issue that I had was of one of the extension parts coming off. It was a simple fix with super glue and it was back to working perfectly.

When used in water it fill float for a short amount of time until it has filled with water then it will unfortunately sink. I use this in the Ocean all of the time. Just make sure you attach the wrist strap to yourself and you will be good to go.
on 27 November 2015
this is quite a good buy for me and used it on two water trips already.

does everything it advertises! it floats and the wrist strap is very handy for when you are snorkelling!

only small thing is the branding started coming off in an oily form on my hands... didn't know where it was coming from to begin with but realised after.

no biggie.
on 5 June 2015
Built a like a tank. Has tumbled down mountains, got stuck in mud and taking selfies of some pretty ugly people yet still didn't break!

One niggle; if you let snow/water get stuck in the twisting mechanism bit and it freezes, it does make it damn hard to twist it to extend/shorten it - this did mean I had to go down the mountain with a rather large pole sticking out my bag as it couldn't retract. So just make sure you look after it in that sense.

Would still recommend it though, better than alternatives.
on 3 January 2015
Bought this in December 2014 and instead of the MK1 version as was listed I received the newer Mk2 version which is extra compact (14"-40", as opposed to the older 17"-40"). Looks like amazon need to update their product information.

Seems like a solid product, the white parts are metal rather than plastic and the twist lock seem to work most of the time. I'll update this when I've been able to properly test it.
on 8 January 2015
I bought this after my first pole broke in my bag snowboarding. The first one was pretty cheap and a lot thinner.... This on the other hand has, so far, turned out to be pretty bomb-proof! Its very strong, nothing happens when trying to bend it with your hands - even when it's fully extended, the grip is great and shuts down to a good size for going in a bag.
It has a bit of weight to it but I suppose if it was lighter, it wouldn't be as strong.
Good purchase
on 26 October 2015
Was extremely stiff from the beginning. I carried on with it hoping it would loosen up with more use although it never did. Then after a couple of weeks (only used 2 or 3 times) the attachment at the top completely snapped off. Returned for a full refund. On a positive note I did like the thumb screw that came with it.
on 9 September 2013
good product when works but the 1st one fell apart, then requested a new one which works really well but looks like it might break soon...