Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 29 January 2013
'Passione': I was a bit doubtful when I ordered this CD as it is not the kind of music I have ever really appreciated. But I decided to give it a try, and was pleasantly surprised - I love it! I have played it several times now, and it has proved to be the rare kind of album that gets better and better every time. Bocelli enhralls me with his interpretation of these love songs, many of which are new to me and which include some inspired duets with Jennifer Lopez, Nelly Furtado and the late Edith Piaf.

There are few singers who can tackle Elvis Presley's music convincingly, but Bocelli can! His rendition of 'Love me Tender' is stunning, every bit as good as Elvis's own version, and sung with such simple sincerity and honesty - just beautiful.

In 'Passione' Bocelli shows how versatile he has become as a performer and how much he has developed since his early 'Romanza' days. With his remarkable voice, which has got deeper, richer and more expressive over the years, he has produced one of his most interesting albums to date.
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 February 2013
Both my wife and I are fans of Andrea Bocelli, so with great anticipation we waited for his latest release, and then, like the traditional buses, three came along at once! These were the standard edition, the delux edition and the special Amazon limited edition. So, what's wrong with that you may ask, and normally I'd agree, except that these various versions each varied from the others by just a couple of tracks. So if you are a CD user, now you know he has other music out there, but if you want it you have to buy the same 14 tracks again and again.

To me, this puts him in a league with other recent artists who have used the same confidence trick to try to sell additional copies, such as the Corrs who re-issued "Talk on Corners" with just the addition of the Fleetwood Mac song "Dreams", or Shania Twain with her multi-album Up! which was issued in three formats, all with the same tracks - Red Disc 1, Blue Disc 2 for the International market and Green Disc 2 for the USA Country Market.

Oh, by the way, I bought the delux version, and yes, we enjoyed Andrea's blend of classics and popular song choices.
on 10 March 2013
Love Andrea he has a lovely voice but I'm afraid this cd sounds like lift music I bought it for my husband as he is a huge fan and he's not even putting it on his i player feels like it was rushed out for the valentine market
on 1 February 2013
The Andrea Bocelli and David Foster combination works again. Andrea's velvet voice and David Fosters beautiful arrangements make for a very romantic album. This album is very much in the same vain as Amore released a few years ago, so the two merge well together. Nice to relax and have a glass of wine (or two) to!

Just let's hope that a dvd is produced for this album like the one made for Amore - Under the Desert Sky. That is a real gem.

Perfect for those of us who love Andrea's voice but not so keen on the full blown classical music scene.
VINE VOICEon 4 February 2013
I've been a fan for years but mostly for the opera-style music he sings so well. However, having listened on occasions to some other ballads, I am certainly delighted with this selection.

It would have been interesting if a mix of Presley and Bocelli could have been engineered in the way Piaf was included in her famous version of La Vie en Rose. Maybe copyrights got in the way.

Anyway, some excellent versions of some excellent songs with very appropriate arrangments. Well worth the money (for me, at least) and I hope to continue enjoying this cd for many years, just as I've done with his others in my collection.
on 9 November 2013
This is the first andrea bocelli cd I didn't like. I have all his cd's and have always looked forward to his new releases. He's gone too "middle of the road" now, with too many songs in English, he sounds MUCH better in Italian. I won't be buying any more.
on 28 August 2013
I got this yesterday and added to i tunes for my ipod .....his voice is like melted nutella ...........this will be played over and over on my forthcoming holiday to Algarve .....lying by the fabby Hilton Vilamoura pool , cocktail in hand , kindle in other and Andreas serenading me ..........see heaven ........
on 30 September 2013
Loved this album, lovely relaxing music. It may not be for everyone. If you only like Andrea's opera albums you may find this a little light as it has a much more relaxed mood, but the voice is just as wonderful. If you like Sogno, this album is definitely for you.
on 26 April 2013
Andrea Bocelli. There really is nothing else to say - what a voice!! I first heard him years ago, and before I knew his name, I called him, "the man who smiles when he sings" and that is still true. He sings with such passion.
on 25 February 2013
I love Andre Bocelli but I was disappointed with the overall choice of tracks on this CD. I did not enjoy his duets. I feel this is not up to his usual standard.