on 10 July 2013
Really has nothing going for it ... I'm glad my life has been more exciting than hers. Watching paint dry in the sixties.
on 2 July 2014
A great follow up book that was so nostalgic.
on 3 May 2013
I was looking forward to re-living memories of my teenage years in the sixties but sadly there were few if any in this book. There was the odd reference or two to events of that period and a few names were dropped in. I would not have known which period in recent history the book was set without these references and names. It could have been set at any period over the last fifty years. Sorry but it came across as just a girlie gossip. Very disappointing
on 6 September 2016
I enjoyed Jacky's earlier book about the 1950's, but this book failed to convey the fun of the Sixties for me. London really was 'swinging' in those days. It was a great time to be young and alive - the economy was booming, there was full employment and a great sense of optimism. Plus of course exciting new music and fantastic fashions. To anyone young the world really was your oyster.

Jacky's book seemed to consist of largely unsatisfying sexual encounters with (mostly) married men, life in a succession of grotty flats and boring jobs which did not challenge her. By the end, her ennui was catching, and I was bored too.
on 25 March 2014
Very disappointed with this book. The first book was a well told story of the times but this book was written to sell the book not to tell a story and Jacky came over as not a very nice girl. DISAPPOINTED !!!!!
on 22 May 2014
This wasn't what I expected, but I could relate to some of it. She was a very determined, strong willed lady, and it makes very interesting reading, how times have changed, I think for the better with regard to some things.
on 29 April 2014
my wife was born in Hitchin as her mother had been evacuated during the blitz ;hey returned to london and lived in a terrace house close to kingsland road Dalston.she went to Princess May school passed 11plus,went to Skinners Stamford HIll also to the same school outfitters same dance class s the author and even her mother knew the Krays mother .alas my wifes father did not return from the war,he was killed fighting at Monte Cassino //good read we knew every location which made it more interesting ;my mother in law was a manageress at M&S DAlston ;more common ground! hope authur reads this ;thanks
on 8 June 2014
I lived through the sixties so I enjoyed this book. I could relate to it! Well written so could recommend to any lady that experienced the 1960's
on 21 April 2013
This is not as interesting as I expected it to be. I found it a bit difficult to get into the story
on 27 November 2013
I enjoyed this book because I was a (younger) teenager during the 1960's and identified with the fashions, music etc. I didn't live in London but my sister did, so I could certainly emphasise with Jacky's misery over the grotty type of flat/bedsit available to young girls on low wages! Good read, but lacked the grip her previous book, Bombsites and Lolipops, had over the reader.