on 1 July 2014
This laptop is brilliant value for money. Since the resolution is lower games run faster and can play most games which is great considering the cost. Don't notice the resolution drop either. Keyboard lights up which is a nice touch and all easy to use. Windows 8 is a chore however but most people know this and is not the fault of the laptop.

If your looking for a new laptop on a budget I highly recommend.
on 8 April 2013
I'm using it for gaming, internet and as a media player. Handles Battlefield 3 effortlessly!! Picture is very good and sound quality is excellent. The backlit keyboard works great for me and can be turned off easily. There is an excellent standby mode instant off and on.
Windows 8 is it's biggest let down, have have problems with stuck updates and having to download extra software to play games.

It would be hard to get better value for your money.
on 20 January 2015
Once I figured out how to turn of all Window's 8 Metro nonsense it's worked very well. I had some issues with updates corrupting things but once I used the roll-back function all was well again.

Play some middling games on high and works well - Max Payne 3; Left 4 dead 2.

Very pleased and looks great.
on 1 December 2013
The laptop itself is great - very stylish, slim, has all the keys you could want and more, and contrary to what some reviews say, the keyboard is fine. The webcam isn't exactly powerful but gets the job done, and it has a USB 3.0 port on the side (as well as two 2.0 ones) which is nice. The screen in my opinion is very sleek and clear. I read some reviews about the laptop saying the screen was awful, and I was expecting the worst, but I really don't know where the dislike comes from, because I think it's really nice. I don't bring it outside and look at it in direct sunlight, but in my room with lights on or off the screen couldn't be sharper and there are no shine problems. The touchpad isn't great though. It's not bad for scrolling, but the scroll and the buttons are on the same pad, i.e. effectively, there are no buttons, so when clicking it's too easy to end up scrolling away from what you were on in the process. I use a USB mouse, so it's not a problem for me, but I can imagine it being annoying. You do sort of get used to it though.

The only flaws I find are the software. There are a few issues with the software that I haven't quite gotten my head around. Whenever I turn it on it says the touchpad has failed to initialise and I get an error message, but then the touchpad is fine afterwards. Nitro, as well, caused some problems, and the flash players often crash. Since it's software, I suppose the laptop isn't at fault, but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

Overall, I definitely recommend it.
on 9 May 2013
Great laptop, sleek design, especially keyboard. So impressive compared to the old desktop we bought it to replace. Superfast and not too heavy. Finding windows 8 a bit irritating though. It's blatantly designed for tablet/touch screen use and desktop use has been an afterthought. I am persevering though!
on 3 August 2013
Brilliant laptop. Everything worked perfectly. Found my hub and printers with no problems. Already had office 10, luckily, as this would have been extra cost. It is literally super cool and can stay on your lap without burning knees. Battery life is good. Could n't be happier.
on 5 April 2013
Ordered this and received from Amazon the following day. However this laptop was faulty and could not connect to internet over WiFi. Showed very low signal even when right next to the router! Promptly sent back and a another was immediately despatched (Thank you Amazon).
The replacement was brilliant. Only one problem - could not download Windows 8 updates! This was quickly resolved with a call to Lenovo. If anyone else has this issue simply do following:
Bring up menu by either pressing "Win" X or moving mouse pointer to bottom left of screen when in desktop mode and right click. Click on "Run" then type services.msc into box. Scroll down list of running services to find "Nalpeiron licensing service". Right click on this and disable it. Win 8 updates will then go through with no probs.
Good machine runs nice and cool. Superb spec for the price.
11 Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 May 2013
Sleek, fast, light enough to carry easily on business. Took a while to adjust to Windows 8 but the Lenovo desktop gives you a traditional Windows desktop to work from. I have been working on Windows exclusively from laptops for about 10 years now and this really is my favorite so far.
on 1 November 2013
The laptop is fast and looks fantastic.
At this price it is cheaper than the large out of town retailers and therefore if you are patient enough to wait a week or two then I would recommend you buy your laptop through Amazon.
on 9 August 2013
I am very pleased with my choice -- it took me ages to decide, but I think I made the right choice.

The processor is lightning quick, the mousepad and keyboard are highly engineered, the graphics card plays Civilization V in full graphics effortlessly (which was the reason for getting one with an nvidia graphics card) and the Windows 8 apps open much quicker than on my three-year old Dell.

The feature which I did not think I'd appreciate most is the backlit keyboard, but it really does make it easier to choose function keys in twilight or in a darker room.

There is some unnecessary bundled software, but nowhere near as much as Acer, Asus or Dell. And the build quality really is in a different league. The thin power lead, the keyboard, the mouse pad and the screen all feel well made.