on 31 May 2013
ordered this in emergency since needed a second machine and have been impressed by its performance given the price paid
on 20 June 2014
I purchased this Lenovo G580 notebook for portable computing around the house and to meetings. For the price I paid for a slightly scratched Amazon Warehouse item it is in immaculate condition. I fail to see any distinguishing scratches at all. However for the price paid it is a slow machine and had I known it would be this slow, I would have spent another hundred Sterling to purchase something less agonizing. Still it keeps me mobile and not chained to a PC. Good keyboard design insofar as it is easy to keep clean with rounded keys that do not trap dirt. The pre-installation of Windows 8 is a major drawback, while Windows 8 supposedly boots faster than Windows 7, it continues to boot after it appears to be booted - which is where part of the agonizing nature of this machine comes in. Pre-installed with some basic software, when one starts to load other software onto the machine it becomes slower. But perhaps part of the problem lies with Microsoft for designing Win 8 not to boot properly before presenting the user with the appearance of ready to use icons on the homepage.
on 13 July 2014
Wasn't sure at first about Windows 8 but quite comortable with it now.

Bought this in Warehouse sale and it was deemed to been barely acceptable (cosmetically) Scratches described were so light when I got it I would not have noticed them had I not know - and even then had to tilt the case to catch the light right.

Follow your instructions carefully and don't leave it to boot and come back to it as it is set to lock to "Admin" - you have to get in t here first before it locks or turn it off and on again to be able to get in and set up. The Instruction Manual is a .pdf and without Adobe Reader being installed the first click on it takes you to a 'net page to buy Lenovo's reader. Go get the free Adobe one first
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 May 2014
Bought this as a 'refurbished' model direct from Amazon. When I switched it on it acted like I was the first ever user, so perhaps I was. I checked it all over, but could not find any scratches. I am very happy with this high spec laptop for the price I paid, nearly half that of a 'new' one.

The only downside is that it has Windows 8 installed, but I leave it on classic view and have set it so it goes to sleep when I put the lid down and wakes up in classic mode when I lift the lid back up, therefore never having to go through the hell that is Windows 8.

Get a refurbished one, there will be no difference between that and a new one, only the price.
on 9 March 2014
I love this amazing piece of technology.

It looks great, works fantastically.

I bought this laptop to replace an older acer laptop that had run its course. I was originally looking for a macbook, however, the prices were just ridiculous for the low-grade specs they were offering.

I broadened my search and came across this - way better specs than the best macbooks and almost 1/3 of the price. I was so impressed.

It took a little while to arrive after some confusion about address, but when it did, I was more than pleased.

I love all of its features (which I won't go into - there are a lot of them) and it's perfect for me.

Only one issue with this laptop. The screen feels a little flimsy and the hinges don't really feel all that firm.

Apart from that, fantastic and worth every penny.
on 16 November 2013
I have been using this laptop for 5 months now with no problems.

It is ideal for what I need it for - internet, light work and watching movies. For the price it is excellent!

It has lost a star only because the mouse 'touch thingy' is very sensitive and for the first 6 weeks found myself going into lots of different things when all I was trying to do was click a button on the internet. One minute I would be in photos and the next in weather!

Also Windows 8..... well what can I say..... disaster..... but not the fault of this laptop :-)
on 16 January 2017
One of the best laptops that I have found , it's never let me down using it for work and on holiday .. superb processor and great value purchase , I love the sleek design and the colour is my favourite , I'm able to use it to upload my art work and it connects super fast with my wifi and printer - I'm shocked that this is just as good as my MacBook from work but I love to use this more , I've never had any problems with it crashing or slowing down , I trust Lenovo products
on 20 September 2014
Over a year and a half later he writes a review. Well, all good really. Still going strong. I use it for work, mainly running office, project, visio etc. I would say that I am not really taxing it. I travel a lot, so I am carrying it around and it has stood the test of time in this respect. Storage is great. Speed is still good. Cannot really say anything bad about it other than the mouse pad (for me) is slightly out of place, too close to the left. So you tend to touch it too much when typing which sends your text off in another place.
on 10 October 2013
I love this laptop, but it does have its issues. For starters, Windows 8 is a bit of a pain and within a month of having it, I had to completely wipe the system because there was something installed on Windows 8 that was making itself crash (?) and the USB ports are incredibly temperamental. Other than that, I really like it!
on 16 June 2014
The best laptop I have ever had. I came across my Lenovo as I wanted to replace my Acer note that was battered for life. I love notebooks because they are light, compact and very practical to carry around but this time I wanted a laptop not to heavy but with CD player. I bought it from Amazon warehouse one third of its retail price as it had a few scratches and the box was already open but it was completely new and I am still trying to see the straches were it was claimed they were. So I got a top notch laptop, latest software, amazing design graphic and visual and a fashion statement as this peble blue will atract attention. What attracted me the most was the 1 Terabyte hard disk space to save all my pictures and videos. Still discovering how everything works has I only have it for a month now but I Love it. Worth every penny of its price even better if you can get it at a reduced price.