on 26 September 2014
I use these as my everyday trainers. They are comfy and seem to be quite durable. I'm somewhat ambivalent regarding the styling, but I primarily use them for dog walking and general kicking around in the summer months. For the price they are extremely good value.

There are three things about them that I do not like, two of which I can easily remedy if I can be bothered.

1) The insoles seem to slide back up the heel and each time I put them on; I have to remember to push the insoles forward in order for them not to be uncomfortable while walking (new insoles would probably sort this).

2) The other thing which, I've never experienced in a shoe such as this before - The laces are massively too long. I've taken to lacing the bow as a double knot but leaving the none loop ends fairly long and then feeding them all the way down the front of the shoe under the lace cross-overs and the knotting them at the end to stop them flapping about while I walk. Obviously I could cut them down a bit and probably will at some point.

3) The final thing which may or may not be an issue is the use of material lace loops. I'm just worried about their durability. However I've worn these shoes all summer and there hasn't been an issue yet - one of the loops is a little frayed, but in no way insecure.

For the price they are very good value and admirably suit the purpose they were intended for.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 25 February 2014
Recently, my shoes had begun showing serious wear and tear. I don't tend to pay a lot for trainers as I'm not really fussed about brands. I'd never previously heard of Karrimor, but they seemed reasonably-priced and had excellent reviews. I was not disappointed.

Function, for me, trumps form. That is, I care more about the durability and longevity of these than their looks. They certainly don't look bad, but they're likely not the height of fashion, either.
I ordered these in early December and have worn them every day since, in varying weather conditions. Throughout this time, they've been comfortable, felt solid and show no sign of damage, even though I've treated them more roughly than previous daily wear shoes.

For under £20, I've been very impressed. Typically, I buy trainers but these were a similar price and I expected them to be more durable, as they're designed for hiking. I wasn't mislead and they've always felt solid and tough, that I don't need to be careful just because they're cheap.

Heartily recommended.
One person found this helpful
on 23 April 2014
These were my first Karrimor shoes and probably not the last, at the time I bought these shoes, I didn't want to invest in a pair Timberland... so I went for Karrimor as a cheaper option and I am happy I did.
When I first tried them, they fit nice and felt comfy yet firm on the foot, they are also breathable which is good as I plan to use them basically in summer time hiking.
I tried them first in a desert safari which I made couple of KMs on foot in the desert, and they were good.
The second time was a more serious hike, I took them on Catherine mountain hike ( in Sinai, Egypt) Catherine mountain is the highest mountain in Egypt and middle east ( 2,630 Meters high) with a total of 26 KMs trail. the performance was super well, the trail is steep, dusty with hard-edged rocks, the Karrimor did more than fine and when I was back home, I checked them and to my surprise, they were intact, aside from the dust, they were just as good as new.
I am Happy I went for Karrimor and I would definatly buy from them again.
3 people found this helpful
on 10 May 2013
At the price I got em , excellent. Lightweight but perfectly serviceable, very comfortable, these are great shoes , the last pair I got survived about six months almost constant wear , not bad considering pricing.
15 people found this helpful
on 27 March 2013
My husband thought these shoes were very comfortable and ideal for walking our dogs.
He has ordered these before and were very impressed with them.
18 people found this helpful
on 29 April 2014
I have really upped my miles of fitness walking recently, and was concerned that my 'good' walking shoes (a nice pair of Rohan ones) were going to wear out on the mainly tarmac and some gravel surfaces I've been walking on almost daily. I was looking for something light, and coming in at a more 'disposable' price. These more than fit the bill!

I have a reasonably wide foot (UK size 10) and these are a prefect fit. The proverbial 'glove' fit. They have the right level of cushioning for me (6'1" / 200 lbs), and seem to have good ventilation. There are two things you need to be aware of though:

1. There is no ankle support in these - they aren't designed for that - and they are therefore unsuitable for rougher terrain. However, on relatively smooth and level paths, they are ideal.

2. These shoes are not waterproof. They aren't designed to be, and they don't claim to be. There is a 'Weathertite' version of this shoe - it has the same sole, but different uppers. See my review of them if you are interested.
on 26 January 2014
My husband has been buying Karrimor for a few years now. Although not really waterproof they are extremely hard wearing, comfortable and excellent quality. Even better that there's such a saving through Amazon, making them fantastic value for money.
9 people found this helpful
on 23 January 2014
I bought these for my dad who is a die-hard high-tec and silver shadow fan, I personally thought on purchase these offered far more for the money, they were on sale too at the time, so went for them instead, and am glad I did, my dad is a convert and is very very happy with them. He dog walks in them daily and does the occasional run too despite being 75+
6 people found this helpful
on 25 January 2015
I've been wearing these shoes for several months now, and having had previous experience of the decline in manufacture quality of the Karrimor brand, these shoes were once again a disappointment. They are certainly comfortable to wear, but not completely waterproof, there is ingress of rain water through the upper lace section.

The real problem appears to be durability, I do a lot of walking and the composite serration on both heels is starting to wear down to the point that the inner canvas will soon be exposed leading to further water ingress when walking on wet surfaces.

I suppose the poor quality is just reflected in the low price.
on 13 August 2014
I have been putting these shoes through the paces in the last few months and there standing up well they fit very well and are very comfortable, I have worn these shoes for most of the day for a few months now and there still in good shape.
I have brought another pair and would recommend these shoes.
The insoles used to go first in most other shoes but these are holding up at present see if they last the year out?
There not fully water proof but have done well in the wet weather find there easy to clean as well.
The main shoe is put together very well no loose stitching.
The price is very good for this type of shoe.
delivery was good and on time well packaged.

See one answered question