Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 20 June 2013
These were bought for my father to replace a pair of Karrimor boots he has almost worn out. Prior to being introduced to "trainer-type" footwear, he had always worn "sensible" shoes but had started to complain about sore calves. The Karrimors solved the problem and were so comfortable he has rarely worn any other outdoor footwear since. Unfortunately, the design was no longer available as a replacement, so I bought the Bodmin Low Iii shoe instead. He has found these equally comfortable and is thrilled at how light they are. The size is spot on with the size he always wears and the width is not tight.
I bought these for my 15 year old son.

We are seasoned hikers and have gone through quite a few pairs of walking boots/shoes over the years and Karrimor have been a quality brand in my opinion. When I spotted these at such a low price at this time of writing it was a no brainer!

He's been using them for a few months now and they have proven to be very reliable indeed.

- Lightweight and comfortable with no rubbing or chaffing from day one of wear
- Great fit for his wide foot
- Waterproofing is very good
- Tough non penetrable yet flexible sole
- Great breathable material so no sweating
- Good all rounder for simple days out to some serious longer walking
- They scrub up after a muddy day out too!

I will definitely be buying a pair for myself!

Recommended
on 21 March 2015
Good fit very comfortable out of the box. Would recommend them but they are not waterproof.
on 6 September 2014
Nice comfortable shoe. Not particularly waterproof, but OK. What wasn't OK was that they split after three months. Very disappointed with the quality.
on 2 July 2013
This is my second pair - first time round for a hiking holiday in the Austrian alps. They were so comfortable and supportive I never suffered any foot/ankle/knee strain at all - in fact they were so good I wore them nearly every day at work too. They lasted about a year which is very cost effective. I would reccommend these anytime.
on 22 June 2013
I bought these for my husband as a birthday gift, I wasn't sure they would be OK They arrived quicker than expected. He says they are like walking on cushions and this was the first wearing. They fit well and look good. Proof will be in the wearing but we are both pleased with the purchase.
on 7 June 2014
I had never bought this brand before, I had typically used Hi-Tec and North Face. After issues with one I thought I would try a different brand and based on the other reviews saying these were long lasting, hard-wearing and comfortable I ordered a pair. They are comfortable, that has to be said. They are water-proof out of the box, I did not have to spray them to make them water proof which was a nice surprise.

However after about 6 weeks use the bottom has worn a lot, almost completely in places and I have done less walking in them than my old Hi-Tec which lasted over a year. I don't expect them to last much more than another month, two at most. Afraid my first experience with these are likely to be my last.

Update - start of August 2014 and the bottoms have worn through. So under 3 months usage, doing less walking than I did with another brand. Wont be buying this brand again.

Two stars? Why? Simple, although comfortable they do not last long.
on 18 August 2013
Shoes look promising for one with problem feet. They have plenty of width in the toe area-vital! The insole is rather harder than I have been used to but I hope not too hard for longer walks..
on 8 July 2013
Bought these shoes on the excellent reviews they were getting, and must say i am very pleased with them, very comfortable from day one, have just done a two hour walk over rough ground and had no problems next day with sore feet etc.
Walking up and down Snowdon in two weeks in them and now know these will do the job, it's just the legs now i have to worry about. I paid £30 new for these which is good value, compared to some makes, I now own four Karrimor shoes and boots for different tasks, There are many different types so be careful to choose right one for your needs.
Needless to say, i can recommend these shoes and Karrimor as a make.
on 28 August 2013
These ort of Karrimor boots are really nice looking and comfortable but the soles seem to wear really quickly. they would be better with a much harder tread