on 8 May 2013
I was a fan from the fist book, Down Dublin Street. I can honestly say this did not dissapoint my high expectations. Funny in places, hot and sexy in others. A wonderful story of hardships, relationships and love.
Samantha young leads you on a beautiful story explaining the lead characters in just enough detail to understand their lives and their perspectives and what makes them tick. I loved the main characters, Johanna and Cam so much. It was so refreshing to read a story that seemed real (by which I mean so many other authors nowadays believe you need a multi millionaire male alpha character to make a book work!) the main characters were two hard working people, struggling at times to make ends meet, but having faith and love and friends around to support.
I hope Samantha continues with this series, I think these two books are up there in my top ten favourites. Thank you for bringing us something refreshingly different Samantha x
on 18 October 2015
Just loved Jo and Cam's story. Cam is everything that Jo is trying to avoid, yet he's determined to get past all her defences. Jo has a difficult history, she's looking for love, but in all the wrong places and for all the wrong reasons. Love that you get to hear about previous characters in the series. Again beautifully written. Highly recommend.
on 10 June 2013
Johanna's story was just as captivating as joss and Ellie's stories. I felt myself tearing up so many times when Johanna's cruel past was revealed and her mountain of responsibility that she faced day to day. I totally felt emotionally connected to Johanna and it was an amazing to see all of her masks n walls came tumbling down by the end of the novel.

I didn't as such love cams character as much as I love braden, but mr Carmichael is a pretty tough act to follow. The cameos from braden n joss were such a lovely touch as they just added more to johanna's story, rather than steal the limelight for themselves.
on 16 August 2014
I started this ages ago after I fell in love with Braden in On Dublin Street. At the time, I couldn't get into it. I started it again last week and I haven't put it down!
There was great chemistry between the characters and I loved that their relationship was original. I loved how Cam was able to understand Jo and break down her walls. He came across as a jerk but underneath could be really sensitive.
Samantha really knows how to write a great romance and I can't wait to dive into the rest of the series.
on 17 May 2013
I absolutely loved this story!!!. I wasnt sure at first if i was going to enjoy it as having read On Dublin street and being introduced to Jo, i didnt really like her as a character, but i was wrong and changed my opinion 100%. She was totally misjudged and was warm and sincere and put her family first. The subject matter was difficult but dealt with sensitively by the author and i found myself blubbing on several occasions, which to me shows a well written story if it brings out emotion in the reader. I loved the fact that Braden and Joss were involved lots and the whole story flowed brilliantly. Would definately recommend.
on 26 May 2013
Don't want to say anything too bad about this book because I loved Samantha Young's first book,this one wasn't as dramatic, the subject matter was a bit mundane, too much focus on the drudgery of the character's living situation. Cam's insults (3 in total) cut me to the core; even though Jo was spineless and selfish she didn't deserve to be judged and spoken to like that. His attitude towards her made me cringe at the intimate scenes. This book is just ok, I'm annoyed that I spent £4 on it. I would recommend reading On Dublin Street instead - it is cheaper and a much better read.
on 10 May 2013
Samantha does it again. A fantastic complete story about 2 wonderful characters Cam and Jo. It helps if you've read On Dublin St because we meet again Joss and Braden and get to learn more about them. It's steamy and erotic but at the same time tells the story of Jo and her difficult childhood. The relationship between Jo and Cole is endearing. I wonder if Samantha will write about Olivia next?
on 25 March 2014
Wow!
I will start by saying that i LOVED On Dublin Street. When I realised this book was about Jo, who is not portrayed that favourably in that book I was a bit apprehensive.
I should not have been.
Jo's story and who she is as a person is a beautiful thing. Her romance and story with Cameron is every bit as magical as that of Joss and Braden if not more.
On London Street is well written and everything I wanted it to be. Perfection!
on 9 May 2013
I absolutely live all the work done so far by Samantha young, I have got hooked into the worlds she creates. This book is definatly different to the fantasy that I am used to but I believe it is harder to achieve the authentic nature of humans but Samantha has done it so well. This book is so full in in emotions it leaves you no where to hide, dealing with hard hitting issues and taboos sensitively and with compassion. I laughed cried and got horny reading this! Superb. Long may the creativity continue.
on 21 February 2014
You don't have to have read 'On Dublin St' to read this one but it certainly helps! I laughed, cried & shouted out loud at this book, Jo is a complex Scottish woman that we can all relate to & Cam ...... Well, 'if only' !! Love the setting, making it all the more real, when you walk those streets everyday & even the very beautiful East Lothian (my home) plays it's part! Can't wait to dive in to 'Jamaica Lane'