on 3 June 2013
I felt London Road was even better than Dublin Street, love story was captivating, sweet and passionate. Book flowed well.
on 23 August 2015
Love this book!!!!
on 11 May 2013
This book picks up just before the epilogue of On Dublin street with Joss' s friend, Jo Walker. We learn quickly that she had a rough start to life and dates rich men to help her out financially, to 'make ends meet'. Her world quickly gets turned upside down with a sexy, scorching man called Cam and drama soon follows. If you think you'll miss Joss and Branden your're not disappointed in this book as Samantha Young gives you a different perspective to their story and its just as informing :)

Now, what did I think?

I am in two minds about this book.

One, I don't think it grabbed me as much as the first book and I wasn't as captivated as much with the characters, being as drawn in to their experiences and dramas as the book developed.

Two, I was waiting for something more to happen throughout the book and it only started to get somewhere near to the end. Then, happily ever after... the end.

But on the other hand, it did have the same underlining sexy trysts between Cam and Jo, very much like Joss and Branden. Young promised us more on the previous characters and that's what we got. I really found Bradens protective nature for Jo endearing and must have punched my fist in the air at a few scenes in the book for his behaviour.

Maybe I had to higher expectations for this book as I loved the last book and should not have expected it to be exactly the same as it is in its own right a good book.
on 11 May 2013
I enjoyed the first book, and this carries on in much the same way. It details the ups and downs of a relationship between two headstrong characters. Samantha Young has a very good ear for dialogue and the way the characters speak is both entertaining and enjoyable. If you like some erotic sex scenes then you won't be disappointed, although I did think some went on a bit too long and I found myself skipping forward to find out what happened next. The references to characters in the earlier book helped to widen the scope of this novel, and some familiarity with these characters is assumed but is not essential to your understanding of the story.
on 7 May 2013
i loved this story Johanna & Cameron sexual chemistry was explosive. loved storyline wiv alcoholic mother & looked after her brother & abusive father I didn't like Cameron's ex i was worried i though something had happened between them.I'm glad it worked out in end.read it in a day lost hrs sleep but it was worth it love Dublin street too.
on 10 May 2013
I think I've found a new favourite author!!

I didn't think the first one was beatable, but this sequel was amazing. Looking forward to the next instalment.

A must buy
on 8 May 2013
Sam you've gone and done it again! Another wonderful read - read it in a day (well, i finished it with my morning coffee the next morning by 8.30am lol!). Loved the continuity of the characters and the love story between cam and Jo - cant wait for Ellie and Adams story - stroll on June - thank you for such a good read Sam x
on 8 May 2013
I'd been waiting for this book to release, it fantastic read by a great author a d I. Really looking forward to more from her
on 9 May 2013
I enjoyed this. It was well written and full of content. Not as good as the first book imo but a damn good read anyway.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 May 2013
Down London Road. Samantha Young.

I'd read some of Samantha's Young Adult works and wondered how the transition from that to Contemporary/New Adult romance would work. I bought On Dublin Street and was hooked - who wasn't. I think everyone fell in love with the delicious Braden, and the story Samantha created about him and Joss was just so entrancing that it was one of those can't-put-down novels. The characters were so real I cared about what happened to them, laughed and cried with them and when I saw Samantha was taking Joss work colleague Jo, and writing her story it was a must have.

So - Jo....she seemed quite shallow in the first book but here once we delve into her story we understand what makes her as she seems and that its really all a front for the person she keeps hidden. Once I understood that it made her motives and actions so much clearer. Then there's Cam... what a man, Nothing like Braden and yet - very much like him. He thinks Jo is a user of men, such is the appearance she gives, that she just wants to be a rich man's plaything, and to have someone to pick up the tab for her. Of course she's hiding what really goes on in her life so despite the sizzling sexual attraction between them that neither want to admit, to there are some sharp snarky comments ,and life is quite uncomfortable for Jo at first. Once I got to know Cam I loved him, he was a good man but too ready to jump to judge people at first for me to warm to him. But then I'd done the same thing with Jo in the first book and the appearances of Jo and Malcolm did make it seem that way, and as a friend of Malcolm he was just being protective.

Then the story unfolds in typical Samantha way and we get deeper and deeper into mysteries, more things come out to fit in the tale, and other people that were just names come into the picture and get involved. There are situations where there seems no way out, romance and sizzling smouldering sex scenes - Sam can write those so that the book seems to be melting away with the heat!! Some authors seem to add sex because they think its what readers want, I think Samantha adds it because its what her characters are telling her to do, they call the shots and take control. It all makes for great sensual stories and ones you want to read again and again. The best sex scenes in the world don't work for me unless there's a really good storyline, with lots of romance, love, tears and angst. They were certainly all in this book - poor Jo when she thought things had fallen apart and she'd been betrayed - Tears all round, mine too. Then, as ever, Samantha comes in with the perfect explanation - and I'd been racking my brains for a legitimate excuse over what she saw but hadn't come up with one - then read on and it all made sense...

Great to see more of Ellie's family and the way they take in everyone. Good to catch up with Joss and Braden, and a real treat of a book once again. I hope there's going to be many more :)

Well written and edited, a good length for me at 464 pages - I love long books - and priced at £3.99 its a bargain and will be one for the keepers file that I know will be re read.

Stars: well after all that it could hardly be less than five could it:) a cracker of a read for romance lovers who want people who seem real, with tears and angst, and with plenty of sex and sensuality thrown in.