on 3 March 2017
I bought this to see the marvellous play and yet I first watched The Trial of King Richard, which is included on a second disc as a special feature. It's a great insight into the foggy case for and against Richards claimed guilt for killing the two young princes in the tower. Utterly fascinating watching. Look out for a young and somewhat petulant Mr Starky, er sorry I mean Dr Starky.
on 4 May 2017
A masterful performance - the playwright is pretty good too. This newly restored transfer is superb. I would not have the temerity to comment on this magnificent cast - I leave that to persons less humble than myself.
on 14 August 2016
This is an outstanding performance by Olivier which is enhanced by so many fine actors. The medieval costumes and architecture are very well done providing the period atmosphere I like. My only criticism are the changes and omissions Olivier makes to Shakespeare's original dialogue.
on 11 August 2017
I was amazed by the picture quality! It's fantastic in 'HD'. The film was very educational and with the fine performances of the actors, it was one of the best films I'v seen for a long time.
on 19 April 2017
The colour is washed out in this pressing ??
on 28 May 2017