Customer reviews

on 20 February 2013
...and won't let you go. I found myself cancelling fun things about two chapters in, then with a sigh of relief, sat back on my sofa and allowed myself to be entertained. All Over The Place is a romance with the freedom of chick-lit, resulting in a fun, light-hearted read that will stay with you long after the end.

Livi is a total sweetheart, doing everything in her power to ensure the people around her are happy. She lands herself in some mad capers with her friends, and makes you laugh and wish that you were her, living her fun life, with her zest for living and going out to get what she wants. Her mother lands on her doorstep too and so begins a series of mad characters through the flat - I especially enjoyed Journey, with her Eckhart Tolle words of wisdom, a philosophy that is always great to read and re-read. As for her hero?! He's pretty darn wonderful too, a man I think I've lost a bit of my heart to him.

All Over The Place has that wonderful feeling of friends, fun and the love of both. I challenge you not to like it.
Introducing Livi Callaway, receptionist at Peaches Hair Salon in London,
Born in Britain but raised in New Zealand, Livi has a secret, one that made her leave her family and life, thousands of miles behind.

I honestly didn't know what to expect when reading All Over The Place, was I going to get mystery, romance or chick lit.
Luckily for me, I got all three, with the American storyline, I found mystery. Through both Livi and Cass' lives I discovered romance and waiting within the pages when learning about Livi's friendships was my favourite thing of all, chick lit!

Livi may feel that she has been unlucky in the past but one things for sure, she is blessed with, amazing friends.
Cass sounds like a fabulous best friend and their chocolate box is a great idea (although personally i'd keep dipping in). I loved reading about their friendship, how it was formed and the bond the two share.

In fact I would say every character in the book is likeable in someway, apart from those tied up in the New Zealand storyline and Len.

I'm excited to see what's next from Serena Clarke, after the ending of All Over The Place I'm hoping maybe it will be Livi and Co again, a new book for their new journey!
on 4 March 2013
All Over the Place is a rollicking romp with wonderfully drawn characters that you'll love to meet. This book has it all - flirtation, adventure, romance and a healthy dose of pure whimsy. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The lovely Livi Callaway meets a stranger on the London tube, someone who sets her pulse racing and she has no idea she's in for the roller coaster ride of a lifetime.

After having her heart broken on national TV by her then fiance Rob, Livi decides to throw caution to the winds and embark on her adventure.

I found I really wanted to work in the very chic hair salon in London- 'Peach'- with Livi and the rest of her friends. I had to say I was extremely jealous of the looks of the lovely Cass- 'red hair, creamy skin, long limbs' - the way I've always wanted to look. She's a real hoot too. I loved the relationship between Aidan and Will, two guy men who apart from each other also love - hair.

But I confess, very early in the book, I found myself really developing a soft spot for the adorable Cam - Livi's childhood friend, motorbike nut, sexy as hell and generally all round good guy.And he's extremely intelligent too, which is always such a turn on for me. A lecturer in Economics? Believe me, it's not as dry as it sounds, I promise. This man has moves...and a great backside.

The story moves, as the book title suggests ' All Over the Place' not just geographically but in a whirlwind ride of friendship, relationships and a growing awareness of where true happiness actually resides.

I look forward to reading Serena Clarke's next book.
on 29 April 2013
The humour in All over the Place had me giggling all the way through. Livi literally has been and journeys all over the place through the story. The supporting characters (especially her mother) were fabulous, fully fleshed and just as loveable.

The chick-lit feel kept things light, but didn't hinder the overall story. From page one I connected with Livi, and the line about having a man's (let's say nether regions) pressed into her backside on the tube was my first chuckle of many. From accidentally acquiring a sexy American's bag, to a cheating ex (if I were her I'd have done a lot more than run away), to going on the adventure of a lifetime, I was in Livi's shoes the whole way through, rooting for her to find the man that sticks.

I'd recommend to anyone looking for a light, heartwarming read, with plenty of laughs and emotion.