Customer reviews

great read
on 16 April 2015
what a great read
on 10 March 2013
We have met Naughty in the previous Sullivan stories, and as her nickname suggests she is quite a character. It is for that reason, that I expected more from her than I actually got. There were some funny bits, some hot bits, some touching bits and some sweet bits, but I didn't feel we got to know Lori. Her character was definitely a let down for me. She put up with a not-so-nice Grayson for almost 50% of the book and that seemed very out-of-character for the girl we had seen glimpses of earlier, which suggested she would have just given the man a piece of her mind and driven away for treating her so negatively.

The whole idea of Lori applying for the job as farm hand was OTT for me. Had it been a housekeeper he was after I could understand his outlandish interview technique, but asking a farm hand to prove they're capable of the job by cleaning the loo was just too far fetched. Grayson clearly had a lot of guilt issues surrounding the death of his wife, and his self-inflicted punishment of isolation is understandable, but did he really have to be so annoying?

`Always on My Mind' is a good read, and Bella Andre is an exceptional contemporary romance writer. I just feel, that for me, this particular story was let down on character development, plot and believability.
on 13 August 2014
Bella Andre says "my favourite romances have always been about families. I love following brothers and sisters and cousins from book to book" and I agree, many of my favourite easy read romances follow this theme. Bella Andre, in my opinion, has a similar style to Bernadette Marie and Melody Anne, and focuses on the Sullivan family from San Francisco. What makes series romances like this successful for me is the interaction between the brothers and sisters, the teasing and ribbing.

Book 8 features choreographer Lori Sullivan, nicknamed 'Naughty' and farmer Grayson Tyler. Lori leaves her job and needs time to re-assess her life, she doesn't want to go home and have her family pester her while she decides what to do and so heads to Pescadero where she isn't known by anyone. She gets a job as a farmhand on Grayson's farm, only after a lot of persuasion. He has preconceived ideas on whether this city girl will survive there but she just keeps proving herself.

I liked Lori's determination to prove Greyson wrong, she did every job he set her despite his grouchy and rude attitude.

The series is getting a bit samey, the characters are different and the story of how they get together varies but the rest is fairly similar between the books, including the rather dry sex scenes.
on 1 March 2015
I am totally overawed by this last book in the series of "The Sullivan's" featuring the last of the siblings story, Lori, known as "naughty" an affectionate nick name giving to her by her brothers as she was always up to mischief, but in a nice way and at times lived up to her name. She meets and falls in love with a farmer and turns him into a man who is totally besotted by her after living like a recluse until she crashes into his fence post and almost kills one his chickens with her rental car.
Love blossoms eventually as they gradually heal each other from their past problems and learn to love again.Lori has to go back to Chicargo and face down her cheating boyfriend and Grayson has to find closure from his grief of his dead wife by going to her grave in New York where she is buried and tells her of Lori and lays his grief to rest and picks up Lori who is in a dance show.Grayson wastes NO time after getting back to the farm, where he show her the foundations of her dance studio he is building for her.Love shines all the way through this story because of the sheer tenacity of this beautiful woman who will not take no for an answer, and found the love of her life. Brilliant!!!!!!
on 24 March 2013
I am a massive fan of the sullivan's books and this one did not disappoint, couldn't put it down. Can't wait for Rafe's book!
on 30 April 2015
I totally love this series by Bella Andre. I love these books with the whole family connection going on and you learn more and more about the family as you work your way through the series.

This is Book 8 and it features choreographer Lori Sullivan, nicknamed 'Naughty' and farmer Grayson Tyler. Lori has left her job and needs time to re-assess her life, she doesn't want to go home to her family while she decides what to do and so heads to Pescadero where she isn't known by anyone. She gets a job as a farmhand on Grayson's farm, after a lot of persuasion. He is not really happy about it.

Loved learning about this two and looking forward to the next one now.
on 11 March 2013
I started the 1st of these books hopefully and wasn't disappointed. I quickly downloaded the rest of the series so each new one would be ready as I finished the one I was reading, now I've finished the last, each story was different but the same, all the characters from previous stories blending software well with the new. The continuity was really good, each new book seeming like the last but with new lead characters, all a great read, now I feel a little flat as there is no more, they are all a good read, plenty of love of working through any problems, feel good books to curl up with and enjoy. Can't wait to read the cousins stories.
on 8 March 2013
I am a huge fan of the Sullivan series and pre order all the books love them! if you are a fan of Nora Roberts then this will be right up your street, this book was not my favourite, so far the least favourite of the series, I loved Lori whenever she was in previous books, but I must say although she is a great character I did get a bit board with this, dont know if it was because the rest of the family were only there at the end or if Grayson was just too moany all the way through but for me not as good as the other books though it had a great ending and I cant wait to read Raph's book which is the first in the series for the cousins
on 20 May 2015
Lori aka 'naughty' flee's her life as a dancer, after finding her boyfriend in bed with another dancer... Heading to the country, she finds a job as ranch hand.. Grayson lost his wife three years ago, leaving the city he buys a ranch, locking himself away from everyone.. Grieving and guilt have made him bitter, so when he meets Lori he can't handle the feeling he has.. Hoping to get rid of her, he makes her work hard, thinking she will leave.. But it only makes her more determined to stay... This is a story of heartbreak,.love and healing... This is one of my favourites of the Sullivan series!!