on 2 August 2017
Brilliant brilliant brilliant I am in love with kade such a beautiful story I wish Emma and kade would hurry up and kiss he was nearly going to till her mum said somethink.emma has such a beautiful soul and I cried twice book 2 next
on 4 May 2014
I really enjoyed this book and recommend it to others. Currently, I'm reading the others in the series and they're good too.
on 5 May 2015
I enjoyed this first book, it was a little slow at first but as it got going it was action packed. Emma manages to escape death unlike her parents in a car accident and ends up in hospital alone. A social worker turns up and tells Emma she has to go to Alaska to stay with her aunt who is her only living relative. Her aunt sends two escorts, Kade and Malaki to collect Emma from the hospital. She instantly feels a connection to Kade but doesn't understand the feelings or emotions she gets when hes near. Emma is soon brought into a world she didn't know existed and she is right in the middle of it. She thinks Kade is an angel but that hasn't yet been revealed in this book. All the characters have depth and are likeable. Recommended for teens and up.
on 23 August 2013
I won a copy of this book from the author and will be giving my honest review. I fell in love with the characters in this story and felt a strong connection as to how Ms. Renae allows her readers to see and feel what the characters do. That alone, pulls me into a book and doesn't release me easily.
Emma's life is thrown into a tail spin when her mother and father are killed in a car accident and she is left alone, or so she thinks. She discovers she has an aunt that she never knew of and will be moving from all she has ever known in her life as it was. Meeting Kade, the one that will be escorting her to her new home, puts her heart in a tizzy and their attraction to one another is undeniable.
Emma's about to find out that everything in her life has been a lie and how will she handle the new world she has been led into? Is there more to her and Kade than either of them can deny? Questions will be answered but will lead to many more. This is a wonderful story filled with action and excitement and characters so well worth falling in love with.
on 16 February 2015
Enjoyable read, likeable characters and great storyline. Onto next book, would recommend. . . . . . . . .
on 19 April 2014
Hidden Wings was amazing! Cameo Renae did an AMAZING job with this book. I absolutely loved everything about it; the storyline, the characters, the descriptions, the way the book was written.. everything.

The storyline was absolutely wonderful. There was a perfect mix of action and romance, as well as some funny moments that made me laugh out loud. The action makes the book a nice fast paced read, and definitely does not lack entertainment.

I instantly fell in love with all of the characters of this book. They are all hilarious and enjoyable. I definitely think that if even one of these characters were missing, the book wouldn't be as good. My favourite characters had to be Kade, Malachi, Dominic and Alexander. They are a perfect combo, and super hilarious, especially around Alaine and Emma.

Honestly, this book was wonderful, and I am so excited to read the next book in the series, Broken Wings, especially since we are left with a HUGE cliffhanger, as well as book 3, Tethered Wings. This book is definitely getting 5 out of 5 stars from me!
on 11 June 2014
Since I love the paranormal genre I jumped at the chance to read this series.

If you like books that are about Angels, Fallen Angels, Demons and Nephilim then you will enjoy this book.

Some of the plot line felt a bit rushed, the way she was literally whisked away from the hospital after a major motor accident which resulted in the death of her parents, no police, no funeral, just whisked away by escorts...but all in all I enjoyed it, it does end in a cliff hanger , but book 2 and 3 and a prequel are also out so there will be reviews coming for those books on the blog soon.

The main character is Emma Wise who is whisked away to an Aunt whom she didn't know existed... While waiting for someone to pick her up at the hospital, Emma gets a strange feeling which grows and suddenly she sees the reason for this "euphoric" feeling One of the 'escorts' Kade.
When she touches him, she feels an intense feeling... Electricity, and this attraction is mutual, the other escort, Malachi is a bit more standoffish. But good looking non the less.

She is whisked off to Alaska by these two escorts, and then things start to get a bit weird for Emma, strange creatures trying to kill her, her escorts are super strong and fast...

"Hidden Wings" is a bit predictable in places, and similar in plot to others out there, but if you like angel and demon stories that are easy to follow then you will like this book.

I have just started reading #0.5 Decent and it's starting to look promising I'm only 9% through but it's a novella which is about key players in this series, Lucifer, Lucien, Samuel, Alaine... These are all featured in 'Hidden Wings' and hopefully reading this will help fill in the blanks that I felt were left after completing book 1.

By the end of the book, it was starting to get interesting, Emma had stopped being a typical damsel in distress, so I look forward to reading more in this series to see what actually develops.

This book would have gotten more points if maybe the characters were developed more, it was just a bit too shallow, the book has a good amount of humour, one liners and it's suitable for teens to read... No sex scenes.

All in all this book was an easy light read, so it gets 3 stars from me, and I look forward to seeing the characters and story develop.

***Review has been done in conjunction with Nerd Girl Official. For more information regarding our reviews please visit our Fansite: [...] ***
on 19 June 2013
"Hidden Wings" tells the story of Emma Wise, a seventeen year old who is suddenly orphaned and sent to live with an aunt she's never met. We're introduced to Emma as she's in the hospital, recovering from the accident that killed her parents. I was a bit disappointed that she wasn't as broken up about their deaths as I expected--in fact, she seemed to have a harder time over leaving her friends than losing her parents--nevertheless, she did have a mini-breakdown on the flight to Alaska (her new home), so I gave her a pass on that.

Emma is whisked off sans funerals, or anything resembling closure, but the justification becomes evident later. A pair of standard YA hunks accompanies her (a word of caution to YA authors: these guys are threatening to unionize! Something to do with unsafe work conditions, long hours, lack of health benefits, and lack of financial compensation, or so I hear. Of course, they want to retain the fringe benefits.).

Heck, before long, Emma's surrounded by a gaggle of gorgeous guys--it's like she stepped into the NYC firefighters calendar--but there's danger aplenty, as she deals with Watchers and Darkling and nephilim and fallen angels. They're not all bad, of course, and Renae provides plenty of fodder to spark questions over whether or not her next series will stray into racy territory:
- A sudden euphoric feeling; an unexplainable heat shot through every cell in my body. My pulse quickened, along with my breath, and tingles pricked my skin. A rush of adrenaline flooded my veins and my surroundings began to haze.
- He fluffed the two pillows and arranged them comfortably on his lap, and then patted them. "Come Emma. Lie down and get some rest."
- "By the way...nice PJ's."
- "Well, would you like some help... you know... getting to sleep?"
- I quickly grabbed handfuls of mud and rubbed it all over my face and body.
- "Guess who's cleaning my blade tonight?"
- "So how was babysitting?" Alexander asked Thomas with a laugh. "Not too bad. I actually got some action."
- Was it real? Was he really in my room last night? My heart began to race. I closed my eyes and pictured his gleaming eyes, inches from mine.

Innuendo and misinterpretation aside, Renae takes the reader on a wild ride that also features secret tunnels, a labyrinth, prophecies, a Hummer (see section above!), and even grenades (which I, for one, never leave home without!).

There's a Spock-like moment that demonstrates a power I'd kill to have ("I'm sorry to have to do this to you," he said in a calm voice, placing his hand on my forehead and speaking one word. "Sleep."), a Star Wars-esque confession that got me all misty-eyed ("Yes, Emma. I am your mother."), and a swipe at all that vampire fic that I couldn't help but take personally ("There are no such things as vampires, sweetheart.") LOL

As Emma said ... "Oh my God! My life is starting to feel like a cheap sci-fi flick."

All in all, Renae shows, as she did with last year's "In My Dreams," that she does YA right. "Hidden Wings" is the first book in the series (also titled "Hidden Wings"), with a sequel and prequel novella released last month, so go along for the ride!

Favorite LOL scene: "It was the bum guy that I'd met outside of Alaine's home. Emotion rushed over me and I fell limp into his arms." Because it happens to all of us at least once.

Favorite "Hell Yeah!" line: "They can't kill it. It's protected by all that heavy metal." `Nuff said.

Favorite WTF statement: "This girl was a talker." Uttered by one female about another female. Ironic, no?

I highly recommend "Hidden Wings" to YA and paranormal romance fans.
on 21 May 2014
What a fast paced story, characters are believable an endearing! The story is unique an really captures your imagination I really cannot wait to start the next book fantastic read for anyone interested in the paranormal!
on 14 August 2015
I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH! I feel Cameo Renae becoming one of new favourite authors. After I read "In My Dreams" which I thought was fantastic and loved that book just as much, I had to get her others, and this book… Oh me oh my! Now, there were moments with Emma that baffled me with the way she was acting, mainly in like the first 20 pages of the book and then a few small remarks where I didn't agree with her thoughts. But I can brush that aside because I'm not going to let a few 5 word sentences bring down the brilliance that is in this book.

My adrenaline was at a all time high through the whole thing, its such a face paced book but not overwhelming at all. Its filled with so much wit and comedy that left me crying with laughter. As well as such heartfelt and saddening moment that made me blurry eyed. The characters are all so loveable - apart from the bad guys. The boys are just swoon worthy! The little romantic scenes and the connection between the two "forbidden lovers" makes my heart flutter and find myself having to pause. It leaves you wanting more and I am going to get reading the second right after I post this review. I know this series is just going to get better and better and filled with so many more feelings. I am so excited to see what the rest of this series has in store! <3