on 13 July 2017
*3.5 rating*

I really enjoyed the start of this book, it felt so Christmassy with Cassie starting her own Christmas planning company (this literally sounds like my perfect job!) and dressing all the Christmas trees with pretty baubles and twinkling lights.

I started off really liking Cassie, she felt kind and had a loving relationship with Jim. Jim was probably my favourite character from the book. It broke my heart when Cassie did what she did and if I were Jim I would've said see ya later as soon as I caught wind of what was going on! The whole situation between Cassie and Carter made me dislike them both a bit and I started to find Cassie a bit annoying. How dare she did what she did to poor old Jim! He seemed like such a lovely character.

Don't get me wrong, I found the whole storyline absolutely intriguing and I couldn't put it down but I just felt a little disappointed at the fact that that was where the storyline had to go. It had to go towards cheating. Overall, I did find the book really interesting, just parts of the storyline let it down for me
on 10 December 2013
If you're looking for something to drown you with Christmas spirit, then Calling Mrs Christmas by Carole Matthews is THE book for you.

The settings, the characters and the story are definitely a winner with me. The cover is beautiful (had to comment) and the story draws from you every emotion that the Christmas season evokes.

This is the first book that I have read by Carole Matthews, but I think I'll be purchasing more from this wonderful, very talented author. Her stories are brilliantly written, and the research she does for her books really shows in her writing.

This is sure to fire off the Christmas bug in you!
Absolutely adored it :)
I loved Calling Mrs Christmas and virtually spent all of Christmas night reading it, I will definitely read it again next year. Lapland and the ice hotel sounded Lovely and it felt like I was there with them. The background story of smudge and rozzer from the young offenders home was very sad. It was quite an unusual subject for a chrismassy chic lit book. I am glad they had a happy ending though with the help of Mrs Christmas.
on 14 October 2017
wow what a good book made me laugh and cry it is fabulous cant wait to read more of Carole Matthews. the story made you feel like you was with them.
on 13 September 2017
Good. Ok easy to ready. Heartwarming story.
Nice easy warm feeling Christmas book
Recommended.
Now going to look for a similar read
on 23 March 2017
Brilliant story ,hard to put down.
on 12 April 2014
I just loved this book about a woman trying to survive her own crisis and yet still finding the time to put together a great Christmas for other people. Her journey to the frozen land of ice hotels and hot toddies a fabulous one for the imagination.
on 17 September 2017
One of my many Christmas books, Carole Matthews Christmas books are fab.
on 25 December 2016
good book and quick reponse to order.
on 22 January 2014
The divine Ms M does it again! So descriptive you feel like you are up that ladder decorating in this totally heartwarming Christmas page turner. Couldn't put it down and neither will you