on 25 August 2016
I bought 2 of these batteries to replace an original Olympus battery I lost in a field. They are compatible with the Olympus charger and work without hitch with my OMD. I've not noticed any real difference in charge duration and the OMD battery level indicator also works. I now have two good alternatives for less than half the price of an original battery - so far so good.
6 people found this helpful
on 29 September 2017
I have an Olympus EM-1 and wanted a spare battery to take on shoots with me. I nearly fainted at the price of the Olympus batteries, so when I saw this was compatible I gave it a go. I am sorely disappointed. Having now given it several full discharges and re-charges it only lasts half the time of my Olympus battery. I shoot wildlife and often leave my camera on for longish periods while I'm waiting for action to happen. My Olympus battery will go for approx 4 hours with a mixture of just powering the camera plus shooting, whereas I'm lucky if I get 2 hours out of the Ex-Pro. I'll keep it as a last-resort backup battery but will be digging into my piggy bank and replacing it with an original Olympus.
on 30 January 2015
Works with the Olympus charger for my EM1. Life seems good, though a bit less (subjectively) than the Olympus original battery. Certainly a bargain compared to Olympus original battery pricing.

Update - After ~12 months this item (I have 2) will no longer charge. Dropped the rating to 3 * and trying the higher mah rated white ones.
6 people found this helpful
on 5 April 2013
I used 3 of these batteries and my original Olympus battery a lot in the last 3 weeks. The Olympus battery was also new as I bought my OM-D and these batteries new for a trip to Peru,
replacing my trusty E-P1.

As usual I numbered all my batteries sequentially and used and recharged them in order. They have all been through 5 cycles now, and so far I have noticed no performance difference between these batteries and the original Olympus battery.

I also found no major difference between the Ex-pro charger and the Olympus charger before my trip, so took the former as it is more compact and I was backpacking light.

As part of an Olympus OM-D promo I just received in the post an extra free Olympus battery and 45mm lens, but I'll sell the Olympus battery, as the Ex-pro batteries are fine so far.
5 people found this helpful
on 30 April 2015
This is the 3rd Ex-Pro battery I have purchased for my Olympus OMD EM5 and all I can say is they are magnificent!
Why 3? No becuase the last 2 have died, but becuase I don't mind carry loads of batteries, and for my trip to Florida, the more fully charged batteries the better.
So far, these cheaper versions have lasted longer than the Olympus official battery. My first one is over a year old and still holds a full charge.
I would reccomened getting the Ex-Pro charger as it charges both the Oly battery and this one. And it is a lot more compact, being able to plug straight into a socket with the socket prongs attached, or via a car cigarette lighter (9v is it?)

Highly reccomeneded.

The only negative I have is that sometimes, the battery will show up as only 1 bar left, but an off an on of the camera corrects this!
A*****
on 22 March 2017
As good as original.Use EXpro batteries for many different cameras over many years without issue. Great alternatives and excellent value
2 people found this helpful
on 12 August 2014
Sadly I have to rate these rather low; compared to the battery that the Olympus omd EM-5 came with (the olympus battery) the charge storage of these batteries is rather poor.
With the Olympus battery, I get several days worth of usage, but with this battery a get a day's usage, tops.
That said, I didn't rate it two stars because the price was so good. In terms of cost per time of usage I would say that due to the Olympus battery being so expensive to buy spares, that buying several of this would be cheaper and would get you more run time than a single olympus branded battery; the only drawback being having to cart around extra batteries, and change them more frequently.
Another good point is that it works with the olympus charger, of course, so there is less expense in that department as well.
on 10 April 2015
seem to work fine -have used several times and not obvious which is the original olympus and which is this one so initial charge holding and power delivery good. have to wait and see what the rechargeable life is but at about 1/6th of the the price of the olympus then if better than 1/6th time then decent value - have bought two now.

Update: after 9 months use I can now see a significant difference in the charge holding between these replacements and the original olympus. Given the price difference though I would still say they are good value
on 7 October 2013
The battery works in the Olympus charger and displays the charge remaining on my E-M1. Fit in the camera and grip is good. However, the battery supplied was not as pictured in the first two seller photos, rated at 7.6V but as shown in the third photo, rated 7.2V. Battery life on the two copies I purchased seems to be around 300 shots.

For the money, OK.
10 people found this helpful
on 11 October 2013
Unlike previous BLN-1 'copies' this one really is chipped properly and can be charged in the Olympus charger. So you don't need to think whcih charger shall I get out this time. I've always found Ex-Pro batteries etc well made and good value. This follows in that mode. Shame that Olympus and the other OEMs overprice their 'originals' to such a great extent.
5 people found this helpful